Search results

1. Vegas_sparky

Floor drain in laundry room?

Working on renovating my upstairs laundry room. The same room holds a WH. Finished space is below. Before I tile the floor I'm considering adding a floor drain/sink, in the event there's a problem with one of the appliances/water supplies. I have a 3" main drain running under floor in the room...
  2. Vegas_sparky

Interesting material, layout, or design.

I'm always walking by stuff that makes me stop, and look closer. Let's share the stuff we see, that we take notice of. It might not be something we'd ever want to use, but might inspire new ideas. This is from a big commercial job I'm on. I really liked this bathroom floor. The diamond...
  3. Vegas_sparky

Can you ros recommend a good PRV?

I don't have anything blowing apart yet, but it looks pretty high to me. This was measured overnight, at the furthest point from the main( a body spray jet outlet with thermo valve wide open). Is that an appropriate point to measure? I'd like something that can be serviceable in the future...
  4. Vegas_sparky

Travelers

Here's a hypothetical question. You're derating conductors for multiple 3 way switches in a single conduit. Would you count each traveler as a current carrying conductor, even though only 1 of 2 travelers could ever be energized at any moment in time? Please explain your answer in detail.
  5. Vegas_sparky

Small bathroom remodel..

Starting demo on daughters bathroom this weekend. It'll have a tub/shower. For a tub, Americast set on mortar, or Vikrell(Cast iron too heavy to do by myself)? I've read pros/cons for both. Need durable, and easy to clean.
  6. Vegas_sparky

Name that gear game..

The other trades have started a thread like this, so why not us too. If you identify the equipment posted, you post the pic for the next round. The OP of the pic determines if the answer given is specific enough for a win. I always run across fun stuff. This was today's project. What is it?
  7. Vegas_sparky

Where's Whipple?

I went to both the Redgard, and mastic displays and couldn't find him anywhere. :confused: I should of gone over to the Schluter box. LOL
  8. Vegas_sparky

Marble, granite, travertine, porcelain? What's best?

Not waterproofing related, but I'm excited to look for a finish material. I still have a marble wheel, and some wax from years ago. I might even remember how to use that stuff too. I was never really great, but do alright with cuts and finishing. The porcelain tile I've laid in the rest of...
  9. Vegas_sparky

MIP vs IPS

I need the nipples to connect the body spray jets in my shower to the 1/2" FIP elbows I have roughed in the wall. The BSJs accept a 1/2" male IPS nipple, and look to have no taper. Will a regular MIP nipple work, or will it crack/split the female inlet of the BSJs because of the taper? Do MIP x...
  10. Vegas_sparky

Does this look okay?

I've been remodeling my shower, and installed new valves yesterday. Before roughing it in I had to find a 3/4" copper or brass cross tee to connect the thermostatic valve to each of 3 volume control valves. I only found one in the city of Las Vegas, and everyone I talked to wondered why I...
  11. Vegas_sparky

Happy Holidays fellas

Whip, Jim, and all of you helping us, thanks for sharing and trying to keep us straight. I'm sure its like herding cats. Hope you all get to spend time with your families. You guys are great. Merry Christmas :)
  12. Vegas_sparky

New shower thread?

The whole thread is gone. What happened? Oh wait, there's more below. Keep reading down..
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks