Search results

1. JCD

Insufficient volume/pressure - Well? Plumbing? Softener?

Thank you all so much for your replies and guidance!
  2. JCD

@valveman: Thank you. Your response seems quite simple - which is very appealing in this whole mess! I'll call around and get quotes from a few additional well companies to see if they can quote an intelligent response. Frankly, I'm surprised that they didn't just say something like this...
  3. JCD

@Terry: Thanks! I'll stick with the second tank then. I'm in Minnesota, and it gets, ahh, kinda cold here sometimes. @LLigetfa: I have my tank set at the highest setting. I figure I can temper it with the cold as needed, and that way my starting temp is at least as high as it can go. No kids...
  4. JCD

@craigpump: As to the well completion report… yeah, I called the County out here and they didn’t have anything in their records. When I bought the property, I got a rudimentary well inspection report, but it wasn’t that helpful; it just had the clearance for lack of e-coli, etc. @LLigetfa...
  5. JCD

@craigpump: Thank you for your comment about the tank. This seemed a plausible - and simple - way to improve things, but when I asked questions about the sizing, they had no clue so I got the sense they were just guessing. (Sheesh, I can do that!) My first question to them was: if a larger...
  6. JCD

The Scene (Problem Statement): I recently bought and renovated a 1983 house with a well, and it is the first time I’ve owned a well. The renovations included a spa shower (Moen ioDigital) with four loops: two showerheads and two sets of dual bodysprays. The water volume/pressure is adequate at...
  7. JCD

Kohler K-1174-GCW whirlpool tub provides contradictory info re: 120V vs 220V

Just to close this up, I spoke with Kohler Engineering extensively on this and they conceded that their documentation was wrong and that there should not have been a 3-prong plug coming out either! The bottom line is that they said to cut off the 3-prong plug and wire the 120V circuit into one...
  8. JCD

Thanks fellas... @HJ, I do have both a pump and a heater, though oddly once I trace the wiring throughout, it seems as though the pump (blower) is the 240V piece, and the heater and controller is the 120V piece. After tracing the circuits a bit more, it seems that I can tie them in together -...
  9. JCD

Hi, I am installing a new K-1174-GCW Underscore BubbleMassage Bath with Bask, and the electrical requirements are unclear and contradictory so I need some technical help please. The Kohler spec sheet says (Document 1201699-4-B, Page 2), "Dedicated circuit required, protected with Class A...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks