Search results

1. dangros

Recommended water tests

I'm considering getting a softener/treatment for my slightly hard water that smells very chlorinated (or as I call it "chloramine-ated") but I have some questions given the different routes I can go. First, I would need to test my water to see what is most appropriate. What tests kits should I...
  2. dangros

Water filtration where to I start

Hi all, My house is an '86 which we've occupied for almost 10 years now. I've had to replace several faucets, one of them twice. We've also had a few pin hole leaks in cold water, horizontal copper segments which I've repaired as well. I tested our water and found it to only be moderately hard...
  3. dangros

Where to buy water softener

I've read that many dealers purchase Fleck valves then get cheap Chinese components for their whole house water softeners. Can anyone get a a few reputable dealers that I can properly rely on to size and choose a system that I can install with great results? I would be happy with any...
  4. dangros

Can anyone identify a way to remove these handles?

We just purchased a house which has a leaky faucet. I tried to turn it off but the handle just continues to turn w/o stopping and it made the faucet leak worse. I had to turn it off at the main. I took an image of the handles. To make matters worse, when I lift up on the handle, I can feel...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks