Search results

1. P

Outside ground level waste line vents

The vents you see on the street, usually infront of the building coming out of the exterior wall or sidewalk are definately trap vents. I just finished a construction job with new plumbing and thats where my trap vent is. I did hide it behind shrubs so that it is not too noticable.
  2. P

Sewage backing up - please help!

Well said. (sorry guys but I had to do this).
  3. P

Do It Yourself Machine?

WOW, Harsh words for a tool. :P
  4. P

Do It Yourself Machine?

jhjhgjghjgjghjhgj jhgj ghj ghj g
  5. P

Do It Yourself Machine?

I guess i'll just keep paying the pros to clean it as frequently as possible. I can't remove the tree because it's huge and would probably cost about $20 to $30,000 (yes, thousand). The tree is 45 feet high and 4 feet thick. Plus, I don't even know if i'm allowed to remove the tree...
  6. P

Do It Yourself Machine?

I'm interested in purchasing one of those electric sewer snakes. I would like the kind that will fit 6 inch standard cast iron piping. I will have ongoing drainage problems from the roots of a large tree directly over the sewer. I would use this machine to remove the roots that have...
  7. P

Main Trap Clog?? HELP!

The main sewer line runs about 4 feet to the right of the tree. It is also about 10 to 12 feet deep, so the large roots of the tree do not interfere with it, only the smaller roots. That section was definately replaced as I watched them do it, they used a catepillar back-ho to dig it up...
  8. P

Main Trap Clog?? HELP!

I just met with the plumber and he says that the tree roots probably grew into the hubbed (sic?) sewer main. He is coming back later with the machine to cut the roots out. He says that it should be done every 6 months, it will cost $150 every time. Considering the size of the tree, (its...
  9. P

Main Trap Clog?? HELP!

Well, here goes yet another problem for the board members..... I have recently finished construction on a new home in which I sub contracted plumbing work to a licensed plumber (I live within NYC). All water/sewer lines are 100% new and have only seen use for about 3 months. (the pipes were...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks