Search results

1. D

Portion of 240 Volt Circuit only Delivering 120 Volts to Baseboard Heaters

Hey LLigetfa, yeah, it was closed. I get minimal heat, 240v going into the thermostat, and 120v coming out. And a portion of this circuit works flawlessly... delivering 240v to the baseboard in the bathroom. It's just one side of the circuit that's having the trouble (so, not a 120v circuit, or...
  2. D

Hey Jim, I was measuring hot-hot. On the functional units elsewhere in the house, measuring hot-hot gives me 240v as expected. But on the "problem" zone, I only get 120v. When I measure to ground (or neutral) from each hot on the "problem" zone, I get 120v on black, and 0v on red. Thanks for...
  3. D

Thanks for the reply. The heaters are all at the end of their various runs (which tie back to a junction box downstream of the thermostat). I've checked those connections and everything checks out.
  4. D

Howdy, My family moved into a new (used, actually) house this summer. The gas water heater and gas furnace went kaput soon after. I had a pro install a tankless water heater, but have been working on installing baseboard electrical heat myself (our intent is to install solar panels at a later...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks