Search results

1. sctclimbs

Fixing shower slope

I pulled out my tub shower and made a walk in shower in that space, kept the drain in the same location on the left side. I bought a presloped shower form that I could tile over. Did kerdi over the form and up the walls. Well the slope isn’t right and water pools in the back of the shower. It...
  2. sctclimbs

Tankless issues

I bought a rental property with a tankless WH. The WH serves two separate units. When the upstairs tenant is showering the water will come on and will get hot but then go cold and even stop flowing water completely for a period of time combined with water hammer, then some back on but not be as...
  3. sctclimbs

Whole House Humidifier

Living in the dry climate of colorado, I've been wanting to install a whole house humidifier. My brother has one and loves the way it makes the house feel but with his the water is constantly trickling through the humidifier even when the furnace is not running wasting tons of water. I bought a...
  4. sctclimbs

DIY Sewer Mainline Replacement Plan

All done and passed inspection!!! Well I went and did it. Rented a backhoe and dug my trench. Took this rookie about 4 hrs. to dig the trench which was just short of 40 ft. long, 2 ft wide and 7-8 ft. deep. No utilities in the way thankfully, I called in advance. Rented Safe-t-Shore...
  5. sctclimbs

Insurance Bond Even though I will only be working on my own property and not going into the right of way, my water district is requiring a 25,000 bond. Seems a bit odd to me, is that typical?
  6. sctclimbs

Nothing like a good controversy with choice of pipe. :) I'm having a little trouble even finding the sdr-26. I'll see if I can talk the inspector into allowing me to use sch. 40 with the 4-band mission no-hub couplings as suggested above. I like that idea. Doubt he will go for it though and...
  7. sctclimbs

Called my water/sewer district today and they will not approve sch. 40 saying that ground movement can fracture the glued joints. I live on the side of a big hill with type B soil. He recommended the sdr-35 but when I asked about sdr-26 he said that would be fine, so I guess I'm stuck with that.
  8. sctclimbs

I will use whatever is the best pipe as long as it is approved by code. So is the consensus sch. 40 over sdr-26? Back to my first question. What's the best tool to use to make a clean straight cut on the clay pipe? Grinder with a diamond wheel?
  9. sctclimbs

Thanks for the repsonses. I already called and had the ultilies marked, nothingwithin 12 feet of the trench. I can get a mini-excavator with an 18 inch bucket that digs to 11 feet or a backhoe with I think a 24 inch bucket that digs to 14 feet, that big enough?. Both are around $250 a day...
  10. sctclimbs

I have tree roots growing into my clay pipe sewer line. I have had a camera sent down the line showing the root invasion in several of the joints. Since the first backup I have snaked the line yearly to prevent problems but this year the roots beat me to the punch and had a backup after 8...
  11. sctclimbs

Wood Floor Repair

Worked great. Thanks.
  12. sctclimbs

Wood Floor Repair

5 years ago I refinished my wood floors myself. it came out great except for one spot where I left some swirl marks from the edge sander. Of course it is in a very obvious spot and right over where I installed a nice border of blood wood and birdseye maple. I cant take it any more and want them...
  13. sctclimbs

Popping noise

Was talking to my sister about my WH problems that you guys helped me with week or so ago. She was telling me that her WH makes 2 or 3 popping noises each time a hot water tap is opened. It is 3 years old. She is a little worried about so I thought I'd put it out there and see what you guys thought.
  14. sctclimbs

Gas doesnt stay on.

OK, in case you are interested in the results. With the heater off there is no power through any of the circuits. With it on: At the transformer: Red 24V, Blue 24V, Yellow 0 (neutral I presume), Black 120V At the wires going from the valve to the igniter and flame sensor: Both Blue wires had...
  15. sctclimbs

Gas doesnt stay on.

Great idea, I'm away for the weeknd will check that when I get back. Cheers.
  16. sctclimbs

Gas doesnt stay on.

Well she is back up and running. Not exactly sure why. I took off the cover around the switches by the blower and resat the connections and then gave everything a good blast from my air compressor. A nice cloud of dust came out of the blower motor. And we are back in business! At least for the...
  17. sctclimbs

Gas doesnt stay on.

here is the full user manual with wiring diagrams: http://www.lochinvar.com/_linefiles/RPD-i&s.pdf
  18. sctclimbs

Gas doesnt stay on.

Here is a diagram and parts list: http://www.lochinvar.com/_linefiles/DVN03-05.pdf (My model serial number starts with XC, so it is the first model shown)
  19. sctclimbs

Gas doesnt stay on.

Lochinvar Model# DVN051 The control valve is a Honeywell SV9501. Igniter/flame senor is Honeywell q3400a 1008 Nothing blocking the vent, no leak in the hose either.
  20. sctclimbs

Gas doesnt stay on.

No lights of any kind on the control box. It says on the box, do not to try and open it. I will check for the hose leak when i get home tonight. If I unplug the power cord and wait 5 minutes and plug it back in, it will fire up again for another 5-10 minutes. I'm thinking if it were the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks