Search results

1. CubGirl

Installer cut off SER ground wire

Hi everybody... I replaced two 2-2-2-4 SER with 2/0-2/0-2/0-4 & 1/0-1/0-1/0-4 to get 125A in each unit for a two-family. The upstairs SER was de-rated for attic heat & length. I have a 2 gang Siemens WP2211RJ gang meter and a 200A panel (P4040B1200CU) back fed with a 125A breaker and a 125A lug...
  2. CubGirl

The PEX toilet riser was cut

the crazy plumber cut the pex riser to the toilet. will one of those shark bite things fix this? you can see just a little bit of the riser in the pic. i'm hoping i have enough PEX that the repair is either under or above the subfloor. i don't want the repair job to be at the subfloor where...
  3. CubGirl

Rebuilding Sterling faucet

hi everybody, i already paid a plumber who absconded after he was paid, so i need to do this work myself!! (dumb i know, but i really thought he'd return... now i'm glad he didn't come back -- his work was no good.), anyway, i have a sterling faucet, at least a sterling stem came out of it...
  4. CubGirl

Removing iron closet flange

hi... i removed the subfloor around the flange (improper floor install) and now i want to remove the old flange. i'm confused as to what i have exactly. it looks like something is attached to the cast iron pipe. is that some sort of riser? do i remove just the flange or the entire piece...
  5. CubGirl

Cast iron toilet flange

My plumber is being paid to fix subfloor and the toilet flange. He said he can do simple carpentry so would do both the floor and the flange. Now he says he's done. I told him there's not supposed to be a gap between the flange and subfloor. He said he can get a flange repair kit and it will...
  6. CubGirl

Help with load calculations... sanity check

Hi everybody! Can someone kindly look over these load calculations? This is my first time doing this and I'd like feedback. Thanks! Unit #1 220.12 General Lighting 3va/ft^2 of floor area, including unused space adaptable for future use Floor Area= 1582 ft^2 = 4,746 va 220.52(A) Small...
  7. CubGirl

200 amp service split between two panels

Hi, I have a rental property that had two units but one 200 amp panel. I paid electricians a lot of money to split it to two meters and then two panels. I requested the original 200 amp panel to be discarded (it had 40 spaces) and replaced with a 24 or 30 space 125 amp main breaker panel. I...
  8. CubGirl

the sink, not faucet, leaks... how to fix

Hi everybody, In a rental property, I discovered the actual sink leaks! I sprayed water around the sink and it leaks from two places. I know about the screws and plumbers putty (not sure if this sink has plumber's putty or silicone or nothing) and if necessary I could take it out and...
  9. CubGirl

I hired a license contractor. I got an unlicensed tech. He condemned the unit!

I need advice from professionals. On Jan 27, I realized my gas pack was not operating. No fan, nothing. I looked for a reputable contractor and called one in Huntsville AL. This is a gas pack unit for a commercial/residential building for a small business. The unit services one floor... The...
  10. CubGirl

Thermal Expansion Valve -- in Toilet!

Hi, I just got a re-pipe to replace the old galvanized with PEX. Code calls for an expansion tank. The plumber put in a Watts GOV80M2 that goes in your toilet. It cost $16. After 12 hours, it wouldn't stop running and wasted a lot of water. So the tenants complained and when the plumber...
  11. CubGirl

Help! Exchanger on Pool Heat Pump Leaking!

I have a 4 year old Waterco Titanium 125 Heat Pump for my 20x40 pool. I tried turning it on yesterday and found a leak in one of the components inside. I'm going to call the HVAC guy Monday but I wanted to get an idea what it was so I can talk turkey with him about this. I did some homework...
  12. CubGirl

Additional pictures for "Please review this shower pan install. Did I pay a lot of $$

Hi, here are the missing 4 pictures. Thanks for your help.
  13. CubGirl

Please review this shower pan install. Did I pay a lot of $$ for subpar work?

Hi and thank you for this forum and allowing me to seek help. I've been arguing with my plumbers for 2 days. So I'm sending pictures of the 32x60" shower pan install for an outside opinion. The plumbers said they had to use shims to level the pan because the subfloor was so out of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks