Search results

1. moreira85

Regen coloring

Thanks Gary. I'm aware of the .5 blfc and the pounds of salt. The water is not even close to the elbow it's like 1/3 full. I used 12 on the brine fill because the mfg instructions (fleck) said water that has iron of 3ppm or higher may need a higher setting on the brine fill and to use 12 a...
  2. moreira85

Regen coloring

Gary you lost me with this post and waiting 2 hours. The brine tank already has water in it that has sat in salt for a week. I usually take some iron out and dissolve it in a half gallon, pour it in the brine well and regenerate.
  3. moreira85

Regen coloring

Well when I changed the brine fill time a couple weeks ago from 12 to 7 that could be the root cause. I increased back to 12 this week and it came out perfect.
  4. moreira85

Regen coloring

Well when I changed the brine fill time a couple weeks ago from 12 to 7 that could be the root cause. I increased back to 12 glair this week and it came out perfect.
  5. moreira85

Regen coloring

Thanks Gary. So your saying to dissolve iron out in 2 gallons in a separate bucket for 2 hours. Then after 2 hours add it to the brine well and regen? I was just putting it into a half gallon of water and immediately emptying into the brine well and regenerating.
  6. moreira85

Regen coloring

Yes new filter
  7. moreira85

Regen coloring

I filled up a 5 gallon bucket in 1 minute with the sediment filter. I then reinstalled the sediment filter and virtually the same still 5 gallon bucket in 1 minute. I increased the salt dose and did a regen with super iron. I did tap the sides during backwash and it appears as though we have a...
  8. moreira85

Regen coloring

First thing I'll do is take the sedinment cartridge out and regenerate. Maybe a .5 micron is causing a pressure drop resulting in inadequate back washing.
  9. moreira85

Regen coloring

I'm going to try back to back regents with super iron out first and set the salt dose to the highest setting. How do I set the salt dose to the highest setting on the fleck 5600sxt? Is that the brine fill setting or the hardness setting? I would think if it's the brine fill that on the first...
  10. moreira85

Regen coloring

I guess so. What a pain the softeners only 2months old.
  11. moreira85

Regen coloring

What's the best way to get it tested?
  12. moreira85

Regen coloring

Every 3 months a .5 micron filter.
  13. moreira85

Regen coloring

I'll add to the thread. Had a regeneration last night and of course the water was yellowish and colored until I Ran it out for 5 minutes. Tonight I figured I would change the sediment filter. The filter was of course filthy covered caked with iron. I put the nice new filter back in and turned...
  14. moreira85

Basement heating?

How about some comments on roughing the pex tubing? If I have an 8 ft run of baseboard where would I want the beginning and end of the tubing to be roughed out of the drywall. If I also have 2 8 footers that I will have put together where should I start and end the pex out of the drywall?
  15. moreira85

Basement heating?

It's 20 degrees out. My basement is 68 degrees without any heat.
  16. moreira85

Regen coloring

Whoops I forgot and didn't realize until I got home the sediment filter is before the water softener not after so no way to turn off the shut off valve.
  17. moreira85

Regen coloring

Never thought of that. I'm just about due to put the new sediment filter in. Should I manually regenerate right after replacing it or shut down the shut off between the softener and filter then regenerate?
  18. moreira85

Regen coloring

I have a shut off after the softener between my softener and sediment filter.
  19. moreira85

Regen coloring

I'm not set on it. I've regenerated twice in a day then the next and each time the same result. Yellowish water right after the regen.
  20. moreira85

Regen coloring

I'm going to try increasing the time on the brine fill to see if that helps. I wonder if my water pressure isn't high enough to rinse it completely I find a search a noticed some people with the exact same issue I'm having. http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/incomplete-softener-flushing-70484/
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks