Search results

1. stoneaxe

Roots in house water supply lines- how to check flow and flush system

A few years back I had no water to a toilet. The valve in the 1/2" supply line was clogged with a tiny root wad. This thread- https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/30-year-old-well-system-complete-replacement-pump-tank-etc-nuts.54424/ -details how I found a broken well line with...
  2. stoneaxe

New punp, tank, plumbing, and... vibration.

We had our submersible pump, motor, drop pipe, line to the well house, and tank all replaced. you can see the thread I started about it here- https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?54424-30-year-old-well-system-complete-replacement-pump-tank-etc-nuts&highlight=stoneaxe 50' well, 35'...
  3. stoneaxe

undergound well pipe connections- rust resistance, electrolysis, etc-

This is an addendum to my earlier "earthquake resistant pitless connection" thread. I now have a brass hose barb with 1" poly for the pitless connection. This line tees at the tank house with one side going to the house , and the other in galvanized steel, to the pressure tank switch etc...
  4. stoneaxe

Best type of earthquake resistant connection from pitless to tank?

After finding my well problem was a busted off 1" PVC to MPT fitting screwed into the pitless adapter, I started thinking about some type of less brittle way than PVC pipe to get from the well to the pumphouse- I think either settling or earthquake activity resulted in the breakage. Is...
  5. stoneaxe

Looking for a good hand pump backup for well head

I plan to install a hand pump on top of the well cap as part of my well re-pump. I am looking at the "simple pump" brand- does anyone have suggestions, opinions, advice etc? We lose power a lot, sometimes for a long time-this would be a emergency backup in case the generator is out of fuel, or...
  6. stoneaxe

30 year old well system- complete replacement- pump, tank, etc.-nuts?

Hello all, what a great forum, this my first post- thank in advance for advice.:D considering some well system repairs. The existing system- The well is 30 years old, 51 feet deep, 6" casing. 35 foot SL, i do not know the flow rate, I think it is low, as the pump installer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks