Search results

1. KimbaWLion

Advice please: Narrowing down to USwater or Homeplus 1.5cuft

My Ionics now Puronics system gave up the ghost and after all the looking around I went with the local company, bought and had them install a Hellenbrand PM6 DMT with a tank etc. They installed it with a Uponor Aquapex fittings and comes with a 1oyr warranty in the fittings and pex...
  2. KimbaWLion

Ionics 1030B is having issues installed around 2000

What can say we'll see how it goes not much else I can do. The Servicer is pretty sympathetic to me and is trying to do the right thing by me as best they can. I like them and having been around since 1958 says a lot about them too... They gave been servicing Ionics since 2004 when the other...
  3. KimbaWLion

OKAY then here is where it stand now. They want the resin tested to make sure its shot. I was also told that Ionics NEVER used Gravel in there tanks anyway even though the new one uses silica bed "to polish" the water.... This is the long and the short of it. They resin is being tested to see...
  4. KimbaWLion

Maybe so about the resin, and for the record I questioned that as it made ABSOLUTELY no sense to me, he said he knows its stupid but its their rules DUMB as they may be. But if Ionics approves it, I get a COMPLETELY FREE re-bedding and service call and that is what I am going for. He also said...
  5. KimbaWLion

Here is a story to go with Ionics and the bedding... Ionics offers a LIFETIME warranty on their resin (at leas when I bought mine), it has some super fancy name and has a lot of buzz words around it, bet most experienced people here know the nickel words around it etc. In order to PROVE it's...
  6. KimbaWLion

I SO hear you there about cost! One thing to keep in mind is these people are REAL Ionics "servicers". The person selling the units to others let alone me was VERY shady and disappeared leaving a lot of people with no servicing. This outfit was getting TONS of service calls! One the owners...
  7. KimbaWLion

WOW I googled ALL over for a link like that!!!! Just shows what a little experience can do! The people I am using to service my set up told me that they use them all the time. He may even have them in stock, though he said they really haven't used them much lately because they have little need...
  8. KimbaWLion

Well I was going to push for the 7000SXT anyway it IS newer and I would get a better flow rate. I know they can figure it out, but how much GAC do I need? I tried googling the sizing and did not find what I was looking for. The ones you see for sale give you a choice starting at .5CF on up. I...
  9. KimbaWLion

@lifespeed Anime is kind of my thing, yeah everybody has something and I am toys R us kid so there you have it. I actually knew the late Billie Lou Watts the voice of Kimba and Astroboy I still go to anime cons and I look REALLY young for my age so I blend in pretty...
  10. KimbaWLion

Well I am going to call them on Friday about rebedding cost etc. I am pretty sure that IF the resin is replaced by warranty it should be re-bedded at Ionics expense, I'll have answer Friday I HOPE... I cleaned up all the salt off the Brine tank, broke up a small salt bridge and now the float is...
  11. KimbaWLion

The guy JUST left first my water results: 4ppm Nitrate, 107ppm/6.25 grains of hardness, 330 TDS, .11 Chlorine, 7.3 Ph, 83ppm Alkalinity, 0 Iron, 0 Copper, <10 CO2 He also took at look at things to see what was what since all it takes is a 5/16 nut driver to take the cover and gasket off and...
  12. KimbaWLion

Well today is the day the Softener service comes out to look at it. HOPEFULLY it will not be that bad. IF so I'll end up getting something else... I can get whole new 40K unit with a Fleck 7000 SXT valve etc. for $519 delivered. Ionics uses a "custom" 2510 and very few parts are interchangeable...
  13. KimbaWLion

Draining a Water Softener

This pictures just look PAINFUL!!! My tank is suppose to be stainless steel but I wonder if it is that way all they way through... But as you can see Fiberglass does not do well in compression...
  14. KimbaWLion

I remember the first time I had my Silver carbon replaced by the Ionics repair person. He poured it RIGHT in the top of the head! So I figured on my unit that was what you did. The Media guard looked to me on the surface to be a neat and inexpensive way to kill 2 stones in one shot pretty cost...
  15. KimbaWLion

I was thinking of adding to get rid of the Chlorine in my water vs adding Carbon since the Mediaguard is "suppose" to last 6 yrs give or take and they make it look easy to install. I tend to over think a lot and when I see "new" things that could make things a little easier I consider them. Your...
  16. KimbaWLion

Well that makes it sound easy to fix. Anyway the person to evaluate the system and test my water is coming over Tuesday. I will suggest this if he does not see this, though my guess is he will. I want to make sure my water has not changed too much and that my 30K water softener is enough, if it...
  17. KimbaWLion

I spoke to the "unofficial" Ionics Repair people (people that just repair and service Ionics and recommended by them and do NOT sell them). They fixed my timer (Model 3210) with no issues about 2 years ago for a fair price. They are going to come out and look at it for free as I am going to have...
  18. KimbaWLion

To be honest when I get down there to check things in the morning the floor is dry. My BEST guess? There is minor wetness that is totally dried up fast and all that is left is the salt film. When it regenerates the water goes up the shown pipe and and it empties in a basement sink on the other...
  19. KimbaWLion

I know that and clean it up so it does look clean, it gets that after about 4 weeks. :) I left that way to show how it turns out after a few regens. I'll clean it up now that I have taken pictures.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks