Search results

1. jp123

crooked connection - will it last?

Yeah it was my second time soldering... actually installed it the first time and the solder wouldn't take in the back because of a small drip. Learned my lesson the second time and made sure it was very dry. I was a little too careful and overdid the amount but at least there's no leak this time.
  2. jp123

Ah great. You've made me feel a lot better. Thanks a lot dj other opinions also welcome :)
  3. jp123

Here are some pictures. The second one shows the ring coming out next to the nut. The third one is the old valve... looking at it now, it seems like the connection there was also a little crooked. Anyways, I don't have a lot of experience and am just a little paranoid about it. I don't feel so...
  4. jp123

It's copper pipe, not sure if it's M or L.
  5. jp123

Hi all and thanks for all the good information. I've learned a lot from here. My main water valve was not shutting off all the way so I replaced it over the weekend. I cut it out, used a no-stop coupling on the bottom pipe and connected that to a pipe leading to a 3/4" ball valve. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks