Search results

1. SAVROOM

Confusion on convection oven wiring

I acquired a never used Ikea (Whirpool) built in convection oven second hand. It's rated at 7.4 kW @ 240V. I calculated that to be 30.8 amps. What's confusing is that both the red and black hot wires coming off the oven are only 12awg, and the neutral 16awg. The mfg recommends a 40 amp...
  2. SAVROOM

Viega PEX Press fittings swiveling after crimping - Help.

I'm way deep into a project loaded with Viega PEX Press Bronze fittings, most of which are now sealed inside of walls. This morning I was positioning 2 different copper pipes for strapping to studs. Both pipes were connected to Fosta PEX tubing with copper tube to Fosta PEX fittings, properly...
  3. SAVROOM

Professional grade tube/fitting brushes and tube cutters

Is there a website that carries pro grade plumbing tools? I'm looking for high quality, long lasting tube and fitting brushes, as well as tube cutters for 1/2" up to 2" copper. I've tried various Rigid tube cutters over the years, with mixed results. My rigid 151 for 1/4 to 1-5/8" is decent...
  4. SAVROOM

120 grit emery cloth

I just used up the last of my roll of 120 grit emery cloth. on the back it says "CTC-255" It's 1-1/2" wide and I believe is 120 grit. I was told it's a US Forge product, but looking online the only US Forge 120 grit emery cloth is 1" wide and not 1-1/2", which I prefer. I'm not hung up on...
  5. SAVROOM

Need help with Search function

I enter Pex in the search bar and select titles only and get zero results. I have a hard time believing that on a plumbing forum that there would no titles with Pex in it. What am I doing wrong?
  6. SAVROOM

PEX questions

Hi, I'm designing a parallelreverse return hydronic radiator heating system for my home and am deciding between copper and PEX-AL-PEX for supply and return. I typed "PEX" in the seach bar, selected titles only and got zero returns. I also looked for and didn't see a Hydronics forum so not...
  7. SAVROOM

Hydronic radiator balancing valve question

I'm installing Runtal rads. Runtal sells decorative lockshield valves to be installed on the outflow pipe of their radiators. Is this valve suitable for balancing a multi-rad system where all rads have the lockshield valve?
  8. SAVROOM

Need to find high output torch for 2" copper

Are you saying that all propane torch burners are the same? I was thinking there were burners that put out more BTU's than the standard pencil flame burner.
  9. SAVROOM

Under 100 dollars. Keep in mind I'm going to be using this also to toast/chat oak sticks for wine fermenting so the gas must be food-friendly (that eliminates oxy-acet, not sure about MAPP. Propane is food friendly). Thanks
  10. SAVROOM

I need to find a high output torch to solder 2" and larger copper. Anyone recommend a good quality make/model? I prefer propane since I also use it to char oak sticks for fermenting wine and need clean burning gas.
  11. SAVROOM

Shower trap riser tilted due to 1/4" per foot drain slope

Is the trap designed with a built-in correction?
  12. SAVROOM

Shower trap riser tilted due to 1/4" per foot drain slope

If the drain line is sloped 1/4" per foot, then wouldn't that force the trap riser to be tilted from vertical, and therefore cause the clamping drain to be out of level with the floor? There must be a simple solution...what am I missing? Are traps designed to slightly more than 90 degrees to...
  13. SAVROOM

I need help with hydronic heating installation

Mods, please move this thread to the HVAC forum...thanks.
  14. SAVROOM

I was told by the Runtal rep that in a mono-flo system the water is cooler by the time it get's to the last radiator...which makes sense to me since each succeeding radiator is draining heat from the water. He said the parallel piping will ensure a consistently heated water supply to all...
  15. SAVROOM

I don't see a hydronic heating-specific forum here....am I overlooking it? I'm in the process of designing and installing a hydronic heating system in my home and have a number of technical questions. Could someone point me to a forum dedicated to helping non-plumbing professionals with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks