Search results

1. Markus

foam/membrane over field stone foundation

Dana, I wish I could do that (and I'll investigate), but there are a few challenges: I suspect that there is quite a bit of slate directly under the rat-slab, and that is part of the reason for the little bumps. I know that at some places there is a foot of dirt/gravel first, but at at least two...
  2. Markus

Let me simplify my flooring question: - What is a good low cost floor with no insulation - some leveling required (epoxy? stained cement layer? porcelain not good?) - what would be an insulated option that adds the least amount of height (e.g. self leveling cement - 10 mil poly - 1" XPS -...
  3. Markus

Dana, thanks for your great advise. I am in Belmont MA, not too far :) Great to hear, so I will use delta FL with two inch closed cell foam from inside. The foam will seal the membrane on top. Good point regarding capillary draw, I was wondering about that after reading on Bulidingscience -...
  4. Markus

Hi, I recently bought a house that had a remodeled basement, but had water issues, so I had to rip out everything. I now want to do it right, and so I have a few questions: - My current plan is to put delta FL membrane over the field stone foundation and spray it 2 inch with closed cell...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks