Search results

1. rblick

type M copper for residential water supply

I just ran new plumbing for my bathroom using tye M copper 3/4 and 1/2. A plumber just told we type M is not code for my area and I should have used type L. He also said not to freak out because type M is ok. After research I see that M is code for NY but not in my town. Also pressure rating...
  2. rblick

Adding a second floor addition

I'm adding a second floor addition to my 1 story home. The existing main floor has only a bath, toilet, and 2 sinks connected to the main 4" stack. All fixtures are very close to the stack, I can tell for sure that the toilet and bath are not vented. I don't think the sinks are either...
  3. rblick

Is this vent location a problem?

I am remodeling a basement bathroom and have already replaced all of the underground pipes. I noticed that this bathroom and adjacent laundry room all vent to a pipe which exits the house just above the foundation through the the rim joist right under my deck. Is the vent required to go up...
  4. rblick

Should I replace the lead bend

I recently broke open my basment floor to replace galvanized drain pipes for a bathroom remodel. The toilet drain is an old 4" lead bend. It appears to be OK. Do you think it is worth the effort to replace it. It is leaded to 4" extra heavy CI. I'm afraid it will be a can of worms if I try...
  5. rblick

Furnco donut into extra heavy CI

I want to pull out a piece of 2" Galvanized which is leaded into extra heavy cast iron and replace with PVC with furnco donut A plumber told me that the furnco donut will be very difficult to squeeze into extra heany CI. Anybody ever try this?
  6. rblick

unsweating cast iron connections

I am remodling my basement bath and have broken open the floor to replace galvanized DWV lines. What I found was: The 2" galvanized shower and sink drains connect to a reducing nipple threaded on one side and leaded to a 4" Cast Iron Y on the other. The toilet is a 4" lead bend also...
  7. rblick

should i replace underground galvanized dwv

I am remodling my basement bathroom. When I removed the old fiberglass shower I found the drain pretty corroded. I dug out the old trap and found that it was threaded galvanized. I tried to reomve the trap but it snapped in half . I was able to screw off the broken trap clean up the threads and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks