Search results

1. Lynn V

another stinky kitchen drain and dishwasher problem

Here I am again! I tried number 3 above. When I couldn't get the tubing up thru the trap to the other side, I decided to remove the trap. Then I got the idea to cap off both sides of the trap and see if the odor would still come up thru the dishwasher and drain. It did for several days. So...
  2. Lynn V

Sorry. I kind of overlooked Item #3 because I didn't understand it and I was busy trying other things. I do think that whatever is down there HAS to exert enough pressure to overcome the pressure of the water in the trap. We explored the idea that the odor could come from "above" the trap -...
  3. Lynn V

What would this prove and/or eliminate?
  4. Lynn V

I will check with others on odor. I don't quite understand your suggestion of rigging up a fan. Are you talking about going up on the roof and rigging up a fan?
  5. Lynn V

I'll leave it to others to advise about "AAV". No unusual cleaning products, and odor is also in kitchen and bathroom drain. Lastly, I think it would be cheaper if I were just plain crazy!
  6. Lynn V

Okay. Since I've received no more responses, I assume that you all are either out of ideas or I posted too much info to follow. If I can impose just a bit more, I'd still like some thoughts on where to go next, since all simple and normal solutions/ideas have been tried. Facts: Odor comes...
  7. Lynn V

OKay, I spent the day doing laundry and watching and listening to the kitchen drain. There was no glug, and I was also watching the level of the trap with a flashlight. It had some soap in it, and nary a bubble even shook while the washing machine was draining. The odor was still evident in...
  8. Lynn V

I have not noticed a glug when the washer is being used, but I will remember to listen when I wash tomorrow. I have associated the increased odor when doors and windows are open with a decrease in pressure in the house and therefore less pressure on the drain and it takes less force for the...
  9. Lynn V

Thank you. It is not a sulphur smell. Also, I replaced the hot water heater a year ago, and the smell started before that. I do not notice any smell when I run the hot water even to where it is steaming. I have drained it and I do keep the temp above 140 degrees. Also, when I used to wash...
  10. Lynn V

Thank you all for your comments - I really appreciate your efforts. Terry is correct - both A and B are dishwasher hose. D is the hose to the sink sprayer. I do not have the smell all of the time coming up thru the drain. In this weather, I close up the house at night. When I open doors and...
  11. Lynn V

I don't know. There is a vent pipe on the roof above it, but don't know exactly how it is connected. When the house was smoked, smoke came up through both vents. However, we only cut the drywall out, which covered the area from the top of the sink to the black joint, after it was smoked. The...
  12. Lynn V

My plumbers think the plumbing is clean, also. But don't know where to go from here. Also, smell not in hot water, but did drain hot water heater and have kept temp at 140 degrees.
  13. Lynn V

Thank you for your reply. I have tried to attach pictures but not sure I succeeded.
  14. Lynn V

I have a bad odor coming from kitchen drain and up thru dishwasher. Also, when I wash dishes and open door, odor very bad. Also comes up bathroom drain slightly. Worse when I open up the house. Going on for over a year. I have had three dishwasher repairmen out and finally bought new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks