Search results

1. Ankhseeker

Finding short in Cat5e cable

They usually reserve the other pairs for PoE or telephone. You could always change/rewire the jacks for the good pair of wires, but the integrity is already compromised and might create a bottle neck if you push too much data through it.
  2. Ankhseeker

Thoughts on new DIY website...

Why not just start a tool library? We have two of them in my county. Hand tools are free to borrow and check out to use. Late fines and broken tool fees buy new stuff and keep tools in top order.
  3. Ankhseeker

How to turn on sprinkler system.

Some of the orbit and possibly others have a fuse to protect the controller. When it blows, the solenoids don't work , but on mine, it appears like everything is normal. Just no water. Are you able to turn on a sprinkler valve manually?
  4. Ankhseeker

Need suggestion for solid metal shower head bracket

I just bought a 2 head shower hose add on from the box store. It came with a nice Suction cup holder for the hosed head. Maybe that as a solution?
  5. Ankhseeker

Chevron and Texaco Universal Card. A ripoff?

Our costco just got Diesel, so that is a good option. Chevron down here in California, charges the cash price for cash and a chevron card. Other cards get charged at a higher price. Seems illegal to me, but I cut my gas cards up along time ago like many others have done. buyer beware!
  6. Ankhseeker

Ford E-250 tailight replacement Torx T15

You might as well buy a set of them because sure as heck you will need a t-10 or t-27 eventually ;-)
  7. Ankhseeker

Outrageous furnace repair charges

The only reason that the board failed was probably just "cheap" engineering. After all, they wouldn't stay in business long if they built a quality furnace.... Planned obsolescence is the way things are built these days. They just fail faster and faster. Just like those plastic gears from...
  8. Ankhseeker

DIY Lawn Sprinklers

I like the rainbird ones because you can change the nozzle to adjust for volume of spray as well. There are so many options. just make sure you do your homework and overlap.
  9. Ankhseeker

Corded float switches

Thanks so much you guys. At least this will put me on alert for either way, so the ohm meter comes out now. ;-)
  10. Ankhseeker

New siding, lost power to 2nd floor

Maybe the siding guys put a nail through the wire for the upstairs?
  11. Ankhseeker

Corded float switches

Question. Do Those dongle style float switches come in either Normally open or normally closed? (up for open down for closed) I am trying to draw a wiring diagram for my well setup but would rather not take it apart to measure continuity if I don't have to. Thanks!
  12. Ankhseeker

fleck 1500 valve positions

wow! What an excellent explanation Bannerman. I understand now. Thanks so much for your very informative reply ;-) It was much appreciated.
  13. Ankhseeker

fleck 1500 valve positions

Hi Guys, I am looking at a diagram of a fleck 1500 softener valve water flow. I am curious what the Slow rinse position and the rapid rinse positions are/do. Thanks!
  14. Ankhseeker

Timed inline shutoff for water line that goes to the outside spigot

maybe if the flow needs aren't too great you could use an irrigation control valve like a sprinkler system uses? Just an idea.
  15. Ankhseeker

Short Hiss after sitting on toilet?

Try turning off the water to the tank. At work, we have a toilet that has a tank that moves causing the fill valve to open ever so slightly causing a hiss as well.
  16. Ankhseeker

Does a 2PSI to 0.5PSI natural gas regulator even exist?

Try this place. http://www.bbqgalore.com/ng-regulator-120k-btu.html Don't forget the updated orifice/jet for it as well as stated in an earlier post.
  17. Ankhseeker

Well hole plumbness and pump life.

Thanks Reach4 . This well is just a lot of money, so I suppose I am just overly cautious.
  18. Ankhseeker

Well hole plumbness and pump life.

I just had a new well drilled and I could tell by the rig's position that the well hole would not be plumb. Will this make a difference in operation or will it affect the life of the pump they put down there? They drilled down 204' , placed a 5" PVC casing with gravel around it. Sealed the...
  19. Ankhseeker

Dr. Death Died, No Joke

Maybe the date code "20110603" might be clue?
  20. Ankhseeker

Generator connections and terminology

Got it! Thanks a lot. That is a great piece of advise. ;-) I had never heard them called end caps. Something new every day --
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks