Search results

1. Boycedrilling

New deep well wiring question

I normally install a 60 amp service to a sub panel in a domestic well pump house. Unless the pump is 3 hp or larger. You have to pull 4 wires to a sub panel. Two current carrying conductors, a neutral, and a ground conductor. To be NEC code compliant, you need the branch circuit for the pump...
  2. Boycedrilling

Water Hammer Issue

Compare water velocity to driving a car. Your driving down the road at 30 mph. You hit the brakes, how far does it take to stop? Now the same thing at 90 mph. It takes a lot more than 3 times the distance to stop.
  3. Boycedrilling

Water Hammer Issue

You also have to remember 1" pex is NOT the same size as 1" pvc or poly pipe.
  4. Boycedrilling

Water Hammer Issue

I'm out of town, but I just looked at franklin pump curves online. If you do have a 2 hp franklin pump of ANY of any gpm rating, your pipe is grossly undersized. Even an 2 hp 8 gpm pump will flow 11 gpm or more at 50 psi, from your water depth. Your pump and your water lines were mismatched...
  5. Boycedrilling

Water Hammer Issue

You want to keep your water velocity in a pipe, 5 feet per second or less. In one inch pex that means a maximum flow of about 8 gpm.
  6. Boycedrilling

Water Hammer Issue

Good chance that the 1" pex from the well to the house is the culprit. Water velocity is too high.. 1" pex has approximately the same inside diameter as 3/4" pvc or poly pipe.
  7. Boycedrilling

Advice on well house plumbing

Here’s another before and after
  8. Boycedrilling

Advice on well house plumbing

Here’s a before and after when I replaced a pressure tank earlier this year. Only thing that’s the same is the 1 1/4” galvanized tee
  9. Boycedrilling

Backflow Preventor or CheckValve Needed For Rain Barrel System?

Your city will have specific requirenents for yard irrigation. With city water. Check with them.
  10. Boycedrilling

Electrical connections inside well?!

Probably a majority of the wells that have a pitiless adapter and a sanitary well cap like yours have a splice inside the casing made up with wire nuts. Does it meet NEC code? NO! The National Electric Code categorizes the inside of well casing as a "wet location" . This means that the wire...
  11. Boycedrilling

Seal well cap.

I like to backflush the well with at least 150% of borehole volume. So I either use a tote tank (275 gallons) or my water truck that holds 3,000 gallons.
  12. Boycedrilling

Seal well cap.

Search watertight well cap..... Walmart Home depot Lowes Menard Amazon Etc. Get a good well cap on. Do a flooding chlorination then retest your water.
  13. Boycedrilling

Seal well cap.

Ok, you want to know how to do it correctly? First take that old non-sanitary well cap off and throw it away! Your well casing needs to extend 12" to 18" above grade. Buy a sanitary well seal. It will have a top and bottom portion, with a gasket in between. The bottom portion will have a...
  14. Boycedrilling

Pump for 1000 foot well?

Take your advice from the professionals only please. Galvanized or stainless steel drop pipe ONLY. BECAUSE OF THE DEPTHS. This is beyond the depth ratings of sch120 PVC or poly drop pipe. No you cannot use a lighter material at the top. And you may have to go to 1 1/4" sch 40 galvanized drop...
  15. Boycedrilling

Shallow well salvageable?

Seems like everty older pump house I go in has 3-4 old milk house type heaters laying in it that are burnt out. How do you know when one quits working? When your water freezes up! I always install a hardwired baseboard electric heater with a thermostat. No fan to wear out. No cord to trip...
  16. Boycedrilling

well pump upgrade or no

What’s your static water level? Hopefully not 250 ft. What brand pump end and motor. Piece of CPS or a quality brand? You have a Bad mismatch between horsepower and depth setting. Now if the water level is at 40 ft a 1/2 ho might be ok
  17. Boycedrilling

Everything seems to work, but no water :( Amateur needs help

If that set of conductors was in conduit, you could just pull new wires. I’m going to assume it’s direct bury and one of the two current carrying conductors has developed a fault. Probably going to be just as easy to trench in a whole new line as it will be to find and repair the fault. You...
  18. Boycedrilling

Is this a pitless adapter?

I have come across wells that had a tee or elbow with a pipe running thru a hold in the side of the casing instead of an actual pitless adapter. I suspect that is what you have. Expect to excavate down to the pipe coming out of the well casing. Based on what you find there, you may need to...
  19. Boycedrilling

Low vol output after new pump install

What island are you on? I was at Friday Harbor last Friday and Saturday. Bought a cable tool rig from Mauldin Drilling bright it back to eastern Washington on Sunday. it's on a hole out by !leavenworth now. yes it's entirely possible that your water bearing formation has been plugged by...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks