Search results

1. dtraster

This is a GREAT forum -- deeply appreciated

I love it that I can come here in the middle of my project, find answers to questions from professionals and experienced do-it-yourselfers. You all have made my bathroom project go much more smoothly than it otherwise would have and I appreciate the advice and Mr. Love for starting, hosting...
  2. dtraster

Stack Test question...

I posted before and am now actually installing the drains. I need to do a stack test to make sure my new lines don’t leak. The portion of the drain that I’m installing is connected to an existing drain line from a remote half-bath. I can plug all the new stuff easily enough but how do I...
  3. dtraster

Don't worry; I'm not quitting my day job. But, I'm stuck.

How am I going to get the water lines to the shower valve???? The drawing is wrong. There’s a ¾†plywood floor between the 2x10 header and the wall shown in green. The wall hasn’t been installed yet. See photo. My original floor joists, at the top of the first photo and...
  4. dtraster

Shower trap out of three 90 degree ells?????

Is this permitted? Is it advisable?
  5. dtraster

A real puzzle - how to connect shower and sink drains with so little room

I probably posted to the wrong thread... I posted it in the remodel forum instead of here. It has the same title as this post. I have a problem connecting a sink and shower drain in my bathroom. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  6. dtraster

A real puzzle - how to connect shower and sink drains with so little room

First, I bought this house in February of 2012, so none of this is my doing!! With that clarified, I have two problems (that I’m aware of) at this point. I’ll start by stating the problems and then provide details. First, I don’t really want to have to cut the notch in the concrete basement...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks