Search results

1. Mabu2

Unfamiliar with shower water pipe/fittings

The line is grey... so I guess maybe I need to get a special ring for the PB side of the tubing. Now I'm a little concerned about soldering pipe. I am fairly good at doing other types of soldiering, and I have a small propane torch, but it's not something I've done before. I'm not sure...
  2. Mabu2

Ok, here's what I've done. I went and bought the PEX tool. $172 from Lowes. Pricey, but I can see how useful it will be and I want to be empowered to make my own repairs in the future. A pro would cost as much and this way I learn and can fix things in the future. My apologies to any...
  3. Mabu2

I looked into it and I see what you mean about the prices for the tools. That is expensive! Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be much slack to cut enough off of the line. Would it be safe to assume that aside from calling a pro in, my only option would be to get a pex decrimp tool to...
  4. Mabu2

What if I replace the PEX tubing completely? I know there's an access panel on the other side of the wall. I haven't taken it down though. What might you recommend that I could get at Lowes fixture-wise to replace what I have? I wasn't terribly impressed with the quality of the fixture...
  5. Mabu2

Good quality shower valve

I just purchased a similar item from Lowes. It seem the shower fixtures are either $58 or $158 with nothing in between, and if you go for a $58 model, it's mostly plastic. I am not sure if even the high end models are made better.
  6. Mabu2

Here's a picture of the fixture:
  7. Mabu2

I managed to unscrew one fitting, but I don't think that I should mess with the rest. It does look like this is some sort of special piping. Take a look and let me know.
  8. Mabu2

The handle broke, but the thing has been leaking and is in bad shape and needs to be replaced. I got a new Peerless fixture at Lowes to replace it. I didn't realize how much they're making this stuff out of plastic nowadays, but it should be better than the old fixture which never fit well in...
  9. Mabu2

My girlfriend "adjusted" the dial for the water in our tub/shower a little too much and broke the handle. I went to replace the shower hardware and I am not familiar with the types of fittings connected to the tub/shower. This is a 3-point tub/shower setup with hot, cold and a dial in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks