Search results

1. Reach4

New Kohler Santa Rosa Clogging Issues...

Bad, IMO. With other fixtures, the main job of the vent is to prevent the trap from siphoning. You want a toilet to siphon. So in the rare case where a vent problem makes a toilet not flush well, it is not the only problem. The pipes should have a clear path to the roof to let the slug of...
  2. Reach4

System not maintaining pressure after water runs out in storage tank

Pressure drop after the storage tank runs dry should be expected, don't you think? In filling a cistern, a pump-up float switch, as you have, controls the well pump. A pump-down float switch can be added to inhibit the pressure pump when the cistern runs dry.
  3. Reach4

Clear water after well flush, orange next day

I would flush some more. 48 hours continuously, or 15 minutes per hour? Not sure. Did you sanitize? https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/well-sanitizing-extra-attention-to-4-inch-casing.65845/ is my write-up. I am not saying sanitizing addresses what you are posting about, but while...
  4. Reach4

Surge protector for soda ash pump?

Just curious: when you change between 120 or 240, is there a jumper/switch change a the injection pump? Or the pump just takes a wide range of voltages?
  5. Reach4

Toilet flange on tile over concrete

Functionally, no difference, but screw hole centers are 6.125 inches. I am surprised the OD would be a full 6 inches.
  6. Reach4

Surge protector for soda ash pump?

You could also install an outlet in line. What plug is there? Nema 6-15P? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEMA_connector
  7. Reach4

Drake 776 tanks crooked

Did you tighten the tank enough to where you almost had 3-point contact, with only a thin business card gap on one point while you press the tank away from that contact point? Bolting a tank tight enough is a big deal. Maybe start by tightening the high side.
  8. Reach4

New Kohler Santa Rosa Clogging Issues...

Could your plunging have forced solids into the siphon jet?
  9. Reach4

That repair device does not seem to have a way of screwing the closet flange down. If you could get a closet flange in place held only by glue or compression, maybe you could put a Danco Hydroseat above that to take the hold-down force. But a repair ring with ears could also let you provide hold...
  10. Reach4

Is Clack tool useful for removing upper basket?

See https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-do-i-remove-the-top-screen-from-a-control-valve.51046/
  11. Reach4

The important part of your photo seems to out of focus. Maybe hold the phone closer, and take that closet flange out of the photo.
  12. Reach4

SOLVED: Copper Union -- Suggestions on How Best to Disconnect

Glad it is loose. I would have suggested two longer wrenches. With the handles slightly offset from each other, you can pry between the handles.
  13. Reach4

REGEN keeps flashing but softener will not run REGEN

Have you tried triggering an immediate regeneration? For all I know, pressing the REGEN button for 10 secs may be the way to trigger an immediate regeneration, in which case, my comment will be of no help. Pressing the button for something like 5 seconds would be how you would do it on a Fleck...
  14. Reach4

Acceptable plumbing for back to back sinks

NC uses IPC. See https://www.iccsafe.org/wp-content/uploads/20-18927_GR_2021_Plumbing_Venting_Brochure.pdf On the bottom of page 12, see the two lavatories draining into a double fixture fitting. After the output of the trap, the pipe cannot turn down until after the trap is vented. This could...
  15. Reach4

Wrong salt

I would use up the salt mostly, and then clean the brine tank. If it has been a few years since you cleaned your tank, it may have been due anyway. Somebody else may have different information for you.
  16. Reach4

Weird and frustrating septic problem....

1. Previous owner may have neglected to get the tank pumped, and the leach field clogged. 2. Turn off the stop valve that feeds the toilet that has the leaky flapper. Time how long it takes for the water to drop 3 inches. Then measure how much water it takes to return the water level to where...
  17. Reach4

Looking to match old toilet footprint

I was thinking Plaster of Paris is water soluble with time but searching comes up with many suggestions other than straight water. Removal is a possibility.
  18. Reach4

Looking for recommendations for filtration system

KL in a 12 inch tank should have about I suspect your backwash water is maybe 20C give or take, so I think you would want about 14 gpm. Your pump may or may not be able to keep up with that. Backpressure from your calcite tank may limit flow. Also, KL media does not have really long life...
  19. Reach4

Water heater design oriented towards heat pumps

I agree. I do think that vacuum cleaners that say "6.0 Peak HP" are being dishonest.
  20. Reach4

Static Water Level in Drilled Well

Maybe, maybe not. Turn on all of your hoses and run water to the ditch. See if the water drops enough. to gather data. Once the old pump is pulled, that will not be available. So the reinsertion of the pitless adapter would have to be by feel. The plumber would carefully mark which way the shoe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks