Search results

1. econjon

Run new gas line under eaves and across flat roof

Hey James, Thanks for replying. I was the general on the remodel and did some of the pipework inside myself. All of which was pressure tested and inspected. I appreciate that an expert in the trades such as yourself might be hesitant to recognize an amateur such as myself as capable of this...
  2. econjon

Run new gas line under eaves and across flat roof

I am installing an overhead heater below a balcony overhang. I need to bring a new gas line to the heater. The house is finished but I do have access to the crawl space and a 3/4" tee I left as a just in case near the main. My plan is to run black pipe/galv from the tee through a sleeve in the...
  3. econjon

How to tie washer drain into horizontal drain from sink

I was wrongly under the impression that it would be ok as a wet vent. But is the new vent to avoid the washer siphoning the sink trap? The drain is sloped down to right if that makes a difference. I’d like to avoid pulling drywall behind the counter to tie in a new vent. Are AAV ok for a washer?
  4. econjon

How to tie washer drain into horizontal drain from sink

I would like to move my washer to a wall that has a 2" drain running horizontally (from laundry sink/vent approx 3' away). The drain line is approx 8" above ff. I am wondering if it is ok to use sink vent stack? And if so, what fitting should I use to tie the p trap arm in? The blue tape to...
  5. econjon

Move Kitchen Island vent and drain approx 12"

The 60's were a good trick. All done. Thanks for all the good advice.
  6. econjon

That was the question! Thanks! I'll make it work with the 45's. Just have to cut out a bit of back side of sink cabinet. At present the aav is in the middle of the cabinet where the sink is supposed to go! But there's dead space 9" back in the middle of the island. That's where I'm trying to get...
  7. econjon

Thanks. Going for broke. Is it legal to run the 1 1/2" vent pipe laterally on the floor as well using 90's instead of 45's for the 9" run?
  8. econjon

Just a thought. Can I run the drain line laterally after it comes out of floor (with 1/4"/ft) using long 90's and use the 45's on the vent side? Pic of idea attached
  9. econjon

Thanks for the quick reply Terry! I just realized that the as I 45 the stack away, the drain outlet height will necessarily increase. By my math moving it over 9" puts bottom of clean-out/drain fittings at 14" off finished floor. Could I swap positions of clean-out with drain to get back some...
  10. econjon

I had my plumber rough in the DWV and H2O supply. I now realize it's in the wrong place by about 10-12". I know I cannot have horizontal runs in the island DWV loop (at least not below cabinets). Can I 45 the stacks toward where I need them and then 45 back up for the vent loop? Picture attached
  11. econjon

Is this ok? Stacked san tees for two lavs in bathroom

Thank you Terry! They didn’t have them in my big box store ad I was being lazy. I will get the PVC fittings. Better safe than sorry.
  12. econjon

Is this ok? Stacked san tees for two lavs in bathroom

Had to rework master lavs. Is this ok? Stacked san tees with shared 2” drain. I’m using the oatey transition cement for white to black. I read somewhere two heigh delta for two lab drains? The picture is sideways. 2” down 1.5” up
  13. econjon

Tankless for each side of new build?

Hi, I've read a few of the posts on this fourm and seen some of the wise comments Dana has left. I have a feeling this may turn to a non tankless recommendation, but nonetheless I seek advice on my new build. I have a two story 4000 sf house for a family of 5. On one side there is 2 full baths...
  14. econjon

Connect lav drain directly into toilet

Just passed inspection! Thanks for all the help.
  15. econjon

Thanks hj, you're right option 1 isn't 42" but option 2 is. And believe, my my wife has helped me understand the can of worms I've opened many times!!!
  16. econjon

Thank you. The inspector flaked out on me today. So I'll find out it everything's good to go on Monday.
  17. econjon

Gotcha. This is all on one floor single story house. Since the vent for left lav crosses behind mirror, can I do either of these options?
  18. econjon

Here's a bit more detail. the lav on the left has a santee and vent up and around the lav on the right. the lav on the right has the elbow in the wall and jogs down to the stack
  19. econjon

The wye (sorry I'm a novice) is accommodating a lav drain. That drain goes into from trap arm into wall and elbow strait down and then jogs over to the main stack/drain (picking up the wye). The other lav connects to the main stack via santee. Two other questions came up when I was replacing...
  20. econjon

Thank you Terry. There is a santee where the trap arm meets the vertical drain (behind drywall in 3rd picture). Is the 22.5 and Y below it ok where that drain meets vent stack?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks