Search results

1. jrd

Help me solve my water issues!

Metered vs. Timered? Is there a preference? I have offers for setups with metered, and setups with timered. I'm trying to figure out if one has a significant advantage over the other.
  2. jrd

Thanks for reaffirming my hunch. I will stick with a salt-softener option. On that note...what's your take on salt-softeners with a septic system? I've heard mixed reviews...some saying it's bad, others saying it's fine, etc.
  3. jrd

Got another quote today from a company that offers either a traditional softener with a Fleck valve, or an EasyWater NoSalt Conditioner. The guy seemed to be pushing the NoSalt system, although he was offering either. Of course, for my water conditions, I would also have to go with an Iron...
  4. jrd

Great info. Thank you. One of the local companies I've spoken with (after getting past the Kinetico stuff) recommended an air injection/aerator for oxidizing and removing the ferrous iron. You say they're popular...how do they compare with a chlorine injector, and pros and cons? As of now, it...
  5. jrd

Do you know much about any of the Pelican systems, or have experience with them?
  6. jrd

Good info, thanks Tom. I don't know much about Lancaster, but I just looked at their website. I'm thinking maybe I could order from them...and find a local plumber to install?
  7. jrd

Moving into a house that is new construction, and I have some very hard water, lots of minerals, and VERY strong sulfur smell (on the cold and hot water). Here are the numbers from a basic analysis I had done: Total Coliform - Absent E.Coli - Absent Nitrate Nitrogen <1.0 mg/l Iron 2.61...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks