Search results

1. spebby

Air Handler with electric heater

Background: I had an American Standard 4TEE3F65A1000AA air handler installed in Oct. 2002. It was a poor installation with lots of air leaks. My wife recently started having lung problems and I called a contractor to clean the ducts. He informed me that the ducts were duct board and could not...
  2. spebby

Hot water heater and code questions

My hot water heater went out yesterday, and I thought when I replace the water heater I would attempt to get closer to code. The water heater is in the basement. I purchased a Bradford-White 50 gal. electric water heater from a plumbing supply house (my house is all electric). I know that...
  3. spebby

PEX connection

I had a licensed plumber re-plumb my well house during the course of a remodeling job. The previous plumbing used Wirsbo Pex to connect the water softner. The plumber cut the Wirsbo and made a crimp connection to a brass fitting. It's my understanding that Wirsbo uses a different connection...
  4. spebby

Sewer line question

I removed the badly cracked concrete slab of my carport with the intention of building an attached garage. My water well, pressure tank and water softner was in the carport. I replace the copper line from the well to the house and uncovered a 2" cast iron sewer pipe in the process. I decided...
  5. spebby

Copper water supply under slab

I am removing a carport concrete slab and will pour a new slab for an attached garage. Currently my water well casing and the supply lines to the house come up through the existing slab. I need to move the suppy lines to a different location and thought I would replace the copper lines up to...
  6. spebby

Vent Pipe Question

I am remodeling a bathroom and decided to update the shower valve (existing valve is from 1962, a Moen) on an adjacent bathroom since the plumbing is exposed for that bathroom. The adjacent bathroom's existing valve is up against a 3" copper vent pipe and there is not room to install a modern...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks