Search results

1. Lemmy

Crawlspace water and sump pump

My crawlspace floor is mostly flat with rock that is covered by plastic. But about 25% of it is a pour slab where I store quite a bit of things. Then there is a section that is higher that is just dirt with plastic over it. It can be seen in the attached drawing. I have rarely had an issue...
  2. Lemmy

Heat Exchanger getting too hot.

I have a 25 year old Amana furnace and a Lux Geo smart thermostat. The thermostat is powered off of the red wire (24VAC) and blue wire (Common). The thermostat runs on a schedule. If the temperature setting on the schedule is 70 degrees and I decide it is too cold and want to override the...
  3. Lemmy

Freestanding tub installation

As noted in another thread, I paid some people to do some work and they did a less than stellar job, I made a separate thread since this is more concerned with the tub installation. I apologize if it would have been better to have them in the same thread. We have a Mansfield AVA 5732...
  4. Lemmy

Tub drain problem

Typically I do most of my own work (for better or for worse), but I decided to hire someone to do some work on a bathroom remodel and so far it hasn't worked out so well. As you can see from the picture they did a sloppy job and I really don't want them even attempting to fix any of their...
  5. Lemmy

Duct boot installation

I renovated a bathroom and the existing 2" x 10" HVAC register had to be moved to a different location. Previously it was just linoleum over the plywood subfloor and now it is tile on the ditra on the subfloor. The old hole in the subfloor was patched and a new one cut. However the duct boot...
  6. Lemmy

Installing Kohler cast iron tub (alcove) on plywood floor

I followed the instructions for my Kohler Bellweather (K-876) tub and slid the tub in place and I have the plumbing attached and the drywall installed on the long side but not on the front and back yet. I was worried about the 4 fairly small legs sitting on the 3/4 plywood floor but that was...
  7. Lemmy

Tub spout rough in for Tub/shower renovation

I have a new cast iron tub and will be installing tile on the 3 walls surrounding the tub. I have a delta MultiChoice valve (the pex version). So I will crimp pex to the incoming lines, then I will screw a pipe thread to pex adapter on to run pex up to the shower where I will have a drop ear...
  8. Lemmy

Drain lines for bathroom renovation

I am renovating a 1st floor bathroom and I am moving the location of the toilet and tub. Referencing the drawing the "(Vent) new sink" vertical section has always been there. It is a vertical vent that goes up through the 2nd floor and out through the roof. The sink in this 1st floor bathroom...
  9. Lemmy

Connecting condensate pump to tub overflow pipe

I am installing a new Kohler tub and a Kohler Pureflow cable drain. They are available in Sch 40 PVC or brass. I am wanting to connect my condensate pump up to the pipe coming down from the overflow and was wondering what the best way to do this was. I was planning on crimping a PEX...
  10. Lemmy

Condensating furnace drain line problem

My house unfortunately has a 95% condensating furnace in the attic. The drain line is pvc and has the foam insulation around it. It has a very low slop for about 10' then it turns down and drops 2 stories vertical to the basement where it joins with the condensate line from the unit down there...
  11. Lemmy

1/2 copper to 1/2 or 3/4 PEX?

I am renovating a bathroom and I am moving the toilet and shower/tub so the water lines needed to be re-routed. I cut back the 1/2 copper supply lines then I will use a sharkbite push on connector to convert to PEX, then I will run the PEX to the new locations. I have purchased 1/2 PEX but...
  12. Lemmy

Toilet Water supply line in rubbed oil finish

For most of my life I have always seen just a 1/2" copper line coming out of a wall for a toilet water supply and then a valve with 1/2" compression connection is used to connect to the 3/8" compression line that goes to the toilet tank. Recently I have seen some supply lines coming out of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks