Search results

1. Lemmy

Freestanding tub installation

I just recently went into the crawlspace and cut the drain and flipped the tub over. Since the lousy installers allowed the tile to be installed before they cut the hole in the floor, the hole was only a little bigger than the 1.5" PVC drain and wasn't centered (they used a diamond hole saw...
  2. Lemmy

Crawlspace water and sump pump

River Pebbles Pond Pebbles I have had a difficult time finding washed stone around here unless I buy an enormous amount. I plan on getting some bags and dumping it out on the driveway and spraying them, then shoveling them back up in to the wheelbarrow.
  3. Lemmy

I just want the rock to be be large enough to not pass through the holes in the basin. The basin I had thought about purchasing has some pre-drilled 5/16" holes so I was worried about the 1/4" peak gravel getting in. I guess I might be better off getting a basin without holes so I can control...
  4. Lemmy

Actually, I found some "Pea Pebbles" at a local big box store that claims the stone size is 0.5" to 1.5". So I assume that should work??
  5. Lemmy

One other question if you don't mind. You suggest pea gravel, and I think (due to it's shape) it is a good solution, but isn't it too small? I am worried it could get through the holes I drill in the basin. I would like to find peak gravel that is sized 3/8 - 1/2", but I don't think I have...
  6. Lemmy

That is a good point regarding the hole size. The only positive I can see to making the holes larger would be decreasing the likelihood of the holes getting clogged.
  7. Lemmy

Thanks. My basin will just be sitting in the ground with nothing holding it in. With holes up higher like that will I need to do something to keep it from floating (post installation). I was hoping the >20lb cast iron pump would hold it down, but maybe not if the holes are drilled up high...
  8. Lemmy

My crawlspace floor is mostly flat with rock that is covered by plastic. But about 25% of it is a pour slab where I store quite a bit of things. Then there is a section that is higher that is just dirt with plastic over it. It can be seen in the attached drawing. I have rarely had an issue...
  9. Lemmy

Liberty Pump Switch Reliability

I know this is a VERY old post, but now 10 years later does anyone have any opinions on this? (VMF switch and the aluminum vs cast iron)?
  10. Lemmy

Heat Exchanger getting too hot.

Using the schematic and several meters I think I found the problem. First, it wasn't 30 seconds like I said, it was more like 60-90 seconds. The Time Delay Relay has these connections: 24VAC Neutral 24VAC from the other side of the primary limit switch The "Gas Valve" connection. 120VAC...
  11. Lemmy

Heat Exchanger getting too hot.

I have a 25 year old Amana furnace and a Lux Geo smart thermostat. The thermostat is powered off of the red wire (24VAC) and blue wire (Common). The thermostat runs on a schedule. If the temperature setting on the schedule is 70 degrees and I decide it is too cold and want to override the...
  12. Lemmy

Tub drain problem

Thanks, The toilet is coming from 2 floors above and I am pretty sure it is vented there. The three inch line was all original. As is the vent line. Everything else is new. There isn't a washer at the outlet of the trap. It is one of these...
  13. Lemmy

Tub drain problem

Yeah, I wasn't sure what that was called. I tried to look it up and couldn't a name. I assume it is similar to how the pipe. It is kind of like the slip nut unions, but of course there is no washer. I snugged it up pretty tightly and it didn't help the leak. I then completely removed it...
  14. Lemmy

Freestanding tub installation

Well they were buffoons, but yeah those instructions aren't very clear at all.
  15. Lemmy

Tub drain problem

Good advice. Is this so I don't accidentally crack the pipe up in a very bad location while it is getting cut?
  16. Lemmy

Tub drain problem

I agree. I was surprised that it was a mix of glued on the input and slip on the output. I didn't even know they made something like that. Unfortunately it is leaking at the slip connection.
  17. Lemmy

Tub drain problem

The part that has been there (presumably) since the house was built in 1994 is the vent line, the toilet line coming down and the large horizontal line. There is actually almost no slope on that main drain line. The new part (the shower and tub) have 1/8"/ft which of course is still not...
  18. Lemmy

Tub drain problem

Ok, that makes sense. Unfortunately the clean out was like that when I moved in the house 10 years ago, it is too close.
  19. Lemmy

Tub drain problem

I agree it looks bad. But why do you think the shower should be above the tub?
  20. Lemmy

Tub drain problem

I didn't think that the lack of proper grade was causing this problem, but it definitely should be more than it is. I may end up cutting it all out and doing it over.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks