Search results

1. Te0TBP

American Standard Glenwall wall mount toilet and Yorkville review

Another update. I ordered the gasket Starwarsith88 linked above. It's totally different from the "correct" American Standard part. Much larger and harder than the American Standard part, or any of the ones (even "oversize" ones) available at the Orange store. Clearly, this is the gasket that...
  2. Te0TBP

The leak came back, but I think I figured it out this time. I'd been working under the bogus understanding that the tank-to-bowl gasket seals the flushmate outlet tube to the bowl. This was totally wrong. For one thing, the output tube is threaded. No way to establish a seal against that...
  3. Te0TBP

The American Standard gasket came in today. It's the same dimensions as the other ones I've tried, but the material is quite different. It's much less dense, but more rigid than the other gaskets I've tried. If the other ones are like gummi worms, this one is like a piece of styrofoam. So...
  4. Te0TBP

Thanks very much for the replies! I sure wish I'd known about the difference in bowls before I started down this terrible road! I've conceded defeat on the noise front, am now trying to get things back where I started. The gasket that's currently in there is a fairly small one. The orange...
  5. Te0TBP

I've got an American Standard Glenwall that was installed as part of a remodel a couple of years ago. It replaced a standard floor-mounted toilet because the location moved by a couple of feet. Rather than notch a floor joist for the waste line, I thought a wall mount would be nice. It's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks