Search results

1. mightymoose

Replacement Compressor or Rebuilt Kit For Culligan Super S Iron Filter

Are you still working on this? I recently replaced my compressor. I found an exact replacement without going through Culligan. It was still pricey but half the cost Culligan wanted. You want to find the AC version of the Thomas 405aa38. I sent you a private message with contact info for where...
  2. mightymoose

Super S compressor

I am on the city water system. The Super S filter is used due to the heavy iron and sulfur content in the local water (mostly because of the sulfur). The compressor is mounted to the control valve on the top of the media tank. The compressor operates on a timer and switches on for 30 seconds...
  3. mightymoose

Super S compressor

Exactly. I could rig something up, but I prefer to use the right parts. It is just easier that way... but when you don't have the specs of the part it does get a little complicated.
  4. mightymoose

Super S compressor

The original is nearly 10 years old and exposed to the weather. The bearings and piston are worn.
  5. mightymoose

Super S compressor

Determining if it meets the pressure requirements is what I am hung up on. The Culligan manual indicates that the compressor should have dead head 65 psi or better. I haven't found anything indicating a max pressure. There are no markings on the compressor indicating cfm specs. The compressors I...
  6. mightymoose

Super S compressor

You would think so. It is a Culligan compressor with the electrical info on the sticker but that is it. I suppose they leave certain info off to make you go through them for parts. The troubleshooting section of the manual indicates that 65 psi is minimum and that is about all I have found so...
  7. mightymoose

Super S compressor

The compressor aerates the the water in the media tank to oxidize sulfur/iron and whatnots. It is a 10" media tank. It costs $100 just to get Culligan to come to the house, so I figure I can replace the compressor for a fraction of the cost of what it will ultimately cost for them to do it.
  8. mightymoose

Super S compressor

My Super S compressor is crazy loud and I want to replace it. I'm just not certain what the pressure rating should be for a new one. From what I can tell it should put out at least 60 psi, but I'm not clear on min/max pressure. I've found a compressor with the right electrical specs but would...
  9. mightymoose

Culligan Super S with yellow/brown water

Just for the sake of follow-up, I've replaced the filter media and have nice clean water again. Apparently the existing media was just too far gone that the repeated rinse/backwash cycles weren't going to do it.
  10. mightymoose

Thanks. I replaced the sand with Filter-Ag which is supposed to be lighter, but I'm not clear how much lighter and how that will effect volume, if at all. My intent is to use about half of the 0.5 cu ft Filter-Ag and top it off with the carbon to the appropriate level. The granules of the...
  11. mightymoose

Ya I don't expect to get it all in there. I can't really visualize the amounts of these, but some simple math indicates that my 2 cubic feet of material should completely fill the tank, I know I don't want that. I figured I should get too much than too little. I wondered if my gravel and...
  12. mightymoose

Well the test kit I ordered was pretty much junk.I'm going to have to shop around locally and find something better than these silly test strips that don't match the color charts. My water reeks of sulfur and it didn't even register on that test. Pretty lame. In the mean time, I have continued...
  13. mightymoose

I just bought the house several months back and it had the Super S already installed. I believe it was installed around 2004. I'm sure there are other options out there and newer technology since 2004, but for now I'd rather replace the bleach regularly than go all out for a new system. I...
  14. mightymoose

I appreciate the help. The original owner left me with some documentation that will help me get the settings where they need to be. I will have to get a test kit to use the charts correctly. I hadn't even considered adding another cleaning day. I was only thinking about increasing the backwash...
  15. mightymoose

I am on the city water supply so the flow is fine. My filter is due to a strong sulfur smell the local water is famous for. The Super S system does a great job eliminating that. The system is set to regenerate on Thursdays and Sundays at 2am and requires bleach when it runs the cycle. The fast...
  16. mightymoose

I think you are on to something. I had run the backwash but it was just going down the drain and I wasn't monitoring the output. I have run it three times so far and it is not coming out clear yet. Receipts I have from the previous owner of the house show that the media was changed in 2010...
  17. mightymoose

I have a Culligan Super S whole house filter. Over the last few days I have noticed a yellow/brown discoloration of the water. I engaged the bypass and ran the water through the house and it came out clear, so I am sure the problem is with the unit and not with the plumbing or the city water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks