Search results

1. randy111

Hopefully last dumb question,

got it done, we now have good water. the old wires had been repaired before, and did not have shrink wrap on them. of course there was water under the tape, do you figure that was the problem with the pump cutting off before pressure was at 50psi? it would eventually get to 50psi, after 3 cycles...
  2. randy111

roger that, thanks a bunch, bleach is on my list now as well.
  3. randy111

The down pipe in my well is black plastic, one piece, 175' long. As I raise the defective pump,, the pipe is going to lay across dirty ground, and we also have chickens and dogs, and a donkey in the yard. How do I keep the pipe clean, or how do I clean it before I drop the new pump? Thanks for...
  4. randy111

Is it advisable to replace wire to pump.......................

I just bought new wire, a kit, and it is for a 3 wire pump, mine is 2 wire, just leave one wire off? or is it not compatible? thanks folks
  5. randy111

Is it advisable to replace wire to pump.......................

when replacing the pump? It has been in the well since 2000
  6. randy111

Well problems since electrical storms

keep up the great work valve man, we are all with you, BTW, our current Potus informed us of the 58 states. "We are from the gooberment, and we are here to help"
  7. randy111

Well guys,(no pun intended) it sounds as though ya'll have tons of hands on experience, let's start a pump business. God knows we need more manufacturers in The USA What pump would you guys buy? Is it possible to get a used one rebuilt? who should I buy from? I am in the boonies, and will have...
  8. randy111

Hello Tom Sawyer, I was thinking the same as you, what brand of pumps do you recommend?
  9. randy111

Thank you folks for all of the concise and understandable replies. It has been a few years since we left the water on all night, but we were watering the garden with it this summer until it started acting up. It is still pumping now, but I need to replace it soon, I do not want to be out of...
  10. randy111

Oh boy, franklin makes the 4" pumps in mexico now, but I am in the process of getting a quote on a franklin pump anyway, I may go ahead and use them. the pump is a 3 wire, the current pump does not have a control box. (3/4 HP) My last post should have read, but I always get a second opinion...
  11. randy111

I may have used the wrong verbage He did check with a "loop" around the wires to check for current as well, I am convinced he knows what he is doing, so I always get a second opinion, thank you for the reply, any recommendations on a pump for me? Sta-rite, or goulds? best place to buy one...
  12. randy111

We have a 4" submersible pump that has started acting like it is going out. The circuit breaker tripped after a storm, and the water pressure has been irratic since. I had a pro look at it, and he put a voltmeter on the press switch, it showed the pump having power, but the pressure was not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks