Search results

1. Fightintxag

Shower Drain P-trap Depth?

Resolution Well, I tried measuring the water depth in the P-trap, and nothing I did (slowly pouring water down the drain versus running the shower) seemed to make a difference. The P-trap was staying full regardless. So then I got nervous that maybe I had done something to mess up the main...
  2. Fightintxag

Basic Soldering - Shower Installation

Whenever soldering near a shower valve is unavoidable, I use a cold wet rag draped over the valve and pipe to keep it cool.
  3. Fightintxag

Good thinking, HJ. That should tell me if velocity through the riser is my issue. I'll check it out. Thanks
  4. Fightintxag

Thanks, Randy. Anybody else have any creative solutions that don't involve tearing out my newly installed shower?
  5. Fightintxag

So are there any other options aside from tearing up the shower floor and slab in order to install a primer or make an S-trap with vent? At this point I'm leaning towards putting some mesh screen under the grate to see if that'll slow the water down some. Are there any other options for...
  6. Fightintxag

Yup. Mine is pretty loud too - the trickling sound seems to echo and resonate in the drain riser.
  7. Fightintxag

I thought I kept the P-trap deep per Terry's suggestion to avoid an S-trap? Oh my. With my slab foundation and newly tiled shower, I'm not sure this trap primer is something I want to undertake. Furthermore my job is forcing me to relocate and as of Dec 11, my home will become a rental...
  8. Fightintxag

Stinky Shower Drain Ok, so I got my bathroom all finished up. But if the shower goes unused for a few days, the house begins to smell funky and it seems to be worse in the shower stall. I'm pretty confident that my new P-trap isn't leaking. The old P-trap was ~3'-6" deep, so I set the...
  9. Fightintxag

Thanks guys. Probably saved me from creating a problematic shower drain.
  10. Fightintxag

This may belong in the shower/bath forum. Feel free to move it if necessary. I'm remodeling my master bath. As part of this bath redo, the shower will be expanded. The old shower floor is recessed in the slab. So in order to change the shower footprint, I'll have to bring the recess up to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks