Search results

1. plumbingnewguy

Is this normal behavior? - Hot Water Tank Pressure Release Valve

Yes - within 24 hours, I shut the hose bibbs off and replaced the last leaky showerhead. I noticed the T&P dripping 4 days later. It might've started that same day, but I didn't notice it until I was downstairs in the laundry room after my wife had showered. Plumber measured the incoming cold...
  2. plumbingnewguy

Hi Smooky...yes...my terminology is all quite out of whack. I'm sure I have my terms all screwy and mixed up. It was the T&P that was swapped out when the expansion tank was put in. The guy at the office I emailed said the PRV would likely need changing if the pressure was over 75 PSI, but...
  3. plumbingnewguy

Hello all, Just to follow up on this. I wanted to thank you for your advice. I did have a plumber out here and he installed an expansion tank and replaced the PRV (EDIT: It was the T&P valve) on the hot water heater. He also said the hot water heater was now at its recommended temperature...
  4. plumbingnewguy

Thanks for the info - I believe this might just be a symptom of thermal expansion too after reading your thread. That information provided in your other thread was extremely helpful as well as your insight here. I'm going to monitor things over the next few days to see if it happens regularly...
  5. plumbingnewguy

I have a 2 year old Rheem Professional Guardian Pro (40 gallon size) - I decided to turn the temperature down on the hot water tank (It was on Setting B - Setting C is "Very Hot and I'm putting to set it to Setting A or the setting before) last night. This afternoon, I had to grab something...
  6. plumbingnewguy

Bang/pop noise in drains after dark

Thanks Terry. Your insight and experience has been great, along with everybody else that has taken time to answer. - All the best.
  7. plumbingnewguy

Haha! Yeah I'm surprised we don't hear more of that noise when we are dumping a pot of pasta water down the sink. It doesn't really happen in any of the other rooms of the house -- Just the master bath. So I did manage to pinpoint the noise based on the way I believe our supply lines run...
  8. plumbingnewguy

Hi guys, Thank you for the insight. Glad it's just part of the rigors of ownership then. If it's the water lines themselves, does this actually do anything negatively to them over time, or can I sleep safely at night knowing it's just same old same old? We're built on the tail end of the...
  9. plumbingnewguy

Every night after my wife takes a shower, what I believe to be our PVC drain will make a quick banging-type noise every half hour to an hour over the course of a couple hours. I will hear it very occasionally in the morning too. It's just a quick bang that lasts less than a second. This only...
  10. plumbingnewguy

Not sure if Polybutylene - Help?

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is best posed for this forum, or for Plumbing Code Canada...please move if need be :) My condo here was built here in Vancouver in mid-1996, and one of those dreaded things you always have to worry about is Poly B plumbing, which I've become a bit more aware...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks