Search results

1. Nicholas440

Proper Tank to Bowl Gasket on old Toilet

Hello everyone, I have an old toilet from the 1960 era, and the tag in the tank says Sears Roebuck and shows a diagram of the Tilt Flusher and how to adjust it. My problem is a bolt on one side that holds the tank to bowl is dripping occasionally, and I think from what I searched that this...
  2. Nicholas440

Fireplace Gas Line Cap

I had gas logs in my fireplace, and removed them to restore the fireplace. Mine had a shut off at the log set, and another shut off in the house where the gas line originated from. I shut the line off where it originated from and removed the gas line and plugged it, then I removed the entire...
  3. Nicholas440

need help identifying faucet and cartridge. Kissler Dominion

I have found that Chicago Faucet Shoppe has almost any part you can imagine. I have a 65 year old bath fixture that I needed parts for and I searched for parts for a few weeks. One call to Chicago Faucet and they sent me all the parts I needed. Hope your faucet will be good as new as soon as...
  4. Nicholas440

Still unable to identify this bath tub stem

Thank you, I appreciate your advice but this is a bath tub fixture and not a car, and even if it were a car like the 1956 Ford Crown Victoria that resides in my garage, and has had countless hours of frustration, dozens of phone calls, and a lot of hard work in getting parts that you can't...
  5. Nicholas440

Hello again, I got the faucet seats and bought the seat removal tool, I bought the one that is a kit with 3 long rods with different sizes and shapes on each end and it comes with a small ratchet tool to get a good grip on the removal rod. Problem is, I took the stem out and made sure...
  6. Nicholas440

Hi everyone, I got the Wolverine Brass stems, and put them in, they fit perfectly and work. I'm thinking I should have put in new seats since the fixture is from back in the 50's and I assume probably never had new seats in it. I looked up that 30030 bibb seat part, and want to know are...
  7. Nicholas440

UPDATE: I just wanted to post an update to thank you for your help and replies. I located 2 Wolverine stems at the Chicago Faucet Shoppe in Chicago, and ordered a hot and cold stem, so I can put them into the tub fixture in the next few days. I didn't get any seats as yet, I wanted to...
  8. Nicholas440

Well, I've tried to get a new stem to replace this old one, and I think I have made over 20 phone calls trying to locate it. I talked to Kessler, and they said they make the stems but I'd have to buy one from a supply company, they don't sell them, but they told me to go to faucetshop.com and...
  9. Nicholas440

Thank you guys for all the information on this Wolverine stem. I can now go about fixing it , and I 'll have to count the splines I'm thinking it's more than 12, I counted them about 6 months ago or so when I turned the original washer upside down for a fast and easy fix and it held up until...
  10. Nicholas440

I have searched and searched and I am still unable to find this stem from my bath tub fixture. There is a stamping on the stem just above where the splines are and with a magnifying glass it looks to me like it reads, " 8 WOLVERINE " . I showed it to a plumber who came out to replace my...
  11. Nicholas440

Help needed - indentify bathtub fixture thats leaking

Thank you all for the reply's. I put the packing nut back in and unscrewed that large nut, and got the stem out. Yay for me, I feel like a real plumber now.. ! I do have a question on this stem however, the end of it that has the washer on it swivels around and it feels loose...
  12. Nicholas440

Help needed - indentify bathtub fixture thats leaking

Hello all, I'm new here, and I wanted to replace a washer in my bathtub fixture as it was dripping slowly for some time now. I removed the knob and trim bezel, it was very hard to get the knob off because I believe it's been on for about 30 years or more. The house was built I think in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks