Search results

1. T

can't get drain out for new garbage disposal

Yea, tap tap tap didn't work. The pieces were fused by rust. Thanks for the tape info...
  2. T

Couldn't get it off. Tried all the suggestions but got nowhere. finally took a sawzall to the drain hoping to cut some notches so the drain would squeeze smaller or somethin. nicked the sink. woops. I'm watching Craigslist for a new sink.. I didn't mention that I am in the middle of a kitchen...
  3. T

Thanks for the replies guys. Gonna go get some PB Blaster and a new sawzall blade. I just don't know where to cut it where the blade will bite. (and, maybe a bigger hammer) Anyway, that is last resort I think. So, here's another pic that shows no silicone.
  4. T

Thanks Jim. Looking at the pic I can see how you guys think there is silicone. But, I'm pretty sure there is no sealant of any kind (except for rust).
  5. T

Thanks hj. There are notches in the ring that need to line up with the nubs on the drain part so it will pass over the nubs. I'm all for hammers and duck tape and gittin er done, just worried about bending the sink hole....
  6. T

Hi. I'm trying to install a new garbage disposal. I took the old one out (Kitchenaid) but I can't get the rest of the drain out because this ring is stuck (shown in pic). Any tricks to getting this thing off. I don't think it's threaded. I also can't figure a way to retrofit the new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks