Search results

1. jbrukardt

Water flows up vent stack, rather than out waste pipe (kitchen sink)

Just got back in town to work on it again. That pressure 90 you said to replace will be coming out, and I can try to snake it from there as a a straight shot. The vent its very similar to how the toilet vent is set up in that picture. It doesn't go into a more complex stack though. Just...
  2. jbrukardt

Thank you Terry, Unfortunately the way the house is built, drilling a hole above or in line with the p trap would put the exit right into an oil tank. I just copied the existing design when i replaced the piping (often not a wise thing to do), and by my very brief research, it looks like that...
  3. jbrukardt

ok, thats good advice. Thank you. All those are right by the drain and fairly easily replaced. but thats not where the clog is. The one turn way way down another 30 feet by the main sewer stack is a long sweep, so im good down there. Theres only one water pressure 90 in the whole thing...
  4. jbrukardt

also, nothing came gushing out the pipe when i cut it away and replaced the wye.
  5. jbrukardt

although one of the tests i did would seem to contraindicate the septic issue. I put a shopvac on the drain, and it sucks whatever water i put in out (measured), but no more, and no less. And no sewery seeming water. I put clean water in, i get clean water out.
  6. jbrukardt

A = no, no water coming out of the cleanout when the upstairs shower, sink, or toilet are run. I am about due for a septic cleanout, its been about 5 years in a single person household.
  7. jbrukardt

I have the strangest problem. Water is willfully ignoring the path of least resistance, and rising up almost 12 inches to flow out a vent stack cleanout instead of down the drain. Long story short, my kitchen sink has a brand new drain pipe (1.5 inch pvc) that i put in myself about a year...
  8. jbrukardt

Ground collapse/sinkhole around well casing

I see why he could think it was dug with how it looks through
  9. jbrukardt

Managed to get the original well company to bring a pump truck out. About 50% price reduction. 900 dollars for the whole fill.
  10. jbrukardt

Good news, company that drilled the well is still in business. Will see when they give me a call back if theyre decent. Any particular justification i should use when trying to get them to support their work?
  11. jbrukardt

Just called milby right before i got this, got a quote of around 13. Better. Still around 1800 bucks though. Ill keep calling drilling companies, hopefully can get someone that can mix and pump. like i said, no dice at all so far. Will check the well cap today, see if the company is...
  12. jbrukardt

bentonite swells, so that might offset the subsidence? That said, im getting about half a yard extra, so i can refill as it subsides. Iv'e called 4 well companies here so far to try to find a bentonite source. Three didnt even know what bentonite was, and one quoted me 33 a bag.
  13. jbrukardt

understood. Looks like im definitely on the route to a "solid" solution, whether that be hole-plug or a poured grout.
  14. jbrukardt

id considered just filling it with #57 gravel. But this is the home i plan to stay in for a long long time, so i want to ensure i do things right.
  15. jbrukardt

aha, 10-4. I thought that might be what you meant. I can do that. Yeah, hole-plug is called "chip bentonite" around here i think, same price per bag. Need 150 bags or so.
  16. jbrukardt

I did that myself somewhat, and found no leaks, at least down to 21 feet where the erosion stops. the casing looks dusty and dry, and at the bottom of the eroded pit, its only moist, no standing water. Now, it could be leaking below the soil line. And yep, absolutely will get it tested...
  17. jbrukardt

Just ran the calculations for volume, bentonite wont be that terrible i guess, about 1500 bucks for a 21 foot deep by 23 inch wide cylindrical hole
  18. jbrukardt

I found a very serious problem at my home the other day, which I have owned about 5 years. The soil around my well casing has caved in massively. At least 1.5 feet out on all sides of the casing, with maybe a 10 inches of soil as a cap over the hole. Its a massive safety risk, and with enough...
  19. jbrukardt

Well pressure tank: fittings leaking

when i redo it, im going to try to transition everything over to brass-brass as best possible. Im having trouble finding 1 inch brass transition fittings though, especially in polypipe barbed > NPT female (found a male, but then cant find CPVC slip to 1 inch NPT male).
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks