Search results

1. frodo

Toilet venting

curious. why are you running a 3'' vent instead of a 2''
  2. frodo

Toilet venting

to cut a 45 degree hole cut a 4x4 on a 45. screw it to the board drill your hole. centered on the 45 /4x4 when the worm on the bit passes from the 4x4 to the joist. remove the 4x4 and drill that joist. go slow at the exit. it tends to be a wild ride
  3. frodo

Toilet venting

A HOLE in the cnter of the beam still maintains the strength of the beam depending on the size and lateral location of the hole. a notch, on top or the bottom reduces the load bearing of that beam. let say you notch a 2x12 with a 2'' notch on the bottom. The beam is now a 2x10 load bearing...
  4. frodo

Toilet venting

A bottom notch is BAD JU JU. But can be done if you head the joist off
  5. frodo

Must I drop the stub out.

Back and forth on the exact height is a waste of time cut the back of the cabinet out. and install a tee below the tee already installed and call the old one your new Cleanout. but a CO adapter and cap. you will need to buy 2 PROFLEX shielded 2'' pl x pl bands to install the new tee...
  6. frodo

Polybutylene crimpers

I was awarded a trophy, Is it worth money? A coupon, Biggy fry? An electric mixer perhaps? Will a stripper give me a private table dance? I would rather have a pound of IMR 4895 powder.
  7. frodo

Polybutylene crimpers

Thanks for the answer, CRAP. Ok. thanks guys.
  8. frodo

Must I drop the stub out.

yes. cut the wall open and lower the tee add a clean out while you are in the wall you want the center line of the drain tee at 17'' from the floor
  9. frodo

Polybutylene crimpers

Hey guys, I am a commercial plumber, I have not plumbed a house since the 80"s I was going through my barn and came across my old poly crimpers. Last time I used them was '83 Being as I do not fool with PEX. I only run copper So I have no clue. I started wondering if these crimpers will work...
  10. frodo

Water heater, parallel vs series

thank you for your responses All of them have been informative, What if a circulating line was added from the bottom of the 2nd tank. circ the water out to the house then into the top of the first wh Do you think the circ line would provide tempered water in the 1st tank with the...
  11. frodo

TPR valve question

I do not re call posting anything about disassembling anything I have no idea how to open a valve, why don't you explain how? i disagree 100%, it is not good nor necessary to open a T&P neither is discharging a fire extinguisher to check if it works either
  12. frodo

TPR valve question

word of advice leave the T&P valves alone, do not open them, they do not belong to you,:D You do not have permission to open them,:rolleyes: They are not installed for you to bleed air. T&P valves are notorious for getting trash on the rubber diaphragm and then dripping. the only way to stop...
  13. frodo

Water heater, parallel vs series

link I am referencing. http://www.texasinspector.com/files/Water-Heater-Plumbing.pdf Parallel Installation Parallel installation uses heaters that are identical in both BTU input and storage capacity. Normally, parallel installation is used when there is a demand for large quantities of hot...
  14. frodo

Circ pump question

I am connecting the pump to the light switch..I like the motion sensor idea... I undrstand i have to wait on the water to arrive, i am trying to determine how long that wait will be
  15. frodo

Circ pump question

originally posted in wh tank forum,, moved to correct forum details taco 007 cartridge circ pump flow rate 0-25 gpm 1/25 hp 3/4'' L copper pipe length 40' supply 40' return, 80' total length 55 psi city water pressure water heater to sink designated loop pump is activated when hot water is...
  16. frodo

IPC Vent Grade

Terry... I know what you have always done, same as me, drain back to the fixture it serves What I am looking for is the precise interpretation to the IPC vent grade definition. the way it is worded, You can install a vent any way you want, as long as it has fall. The IPC plumbers i am running...
  17. frodo

IPC Vent Grade

Thanks for the answer I do not find picture A as acceptable either, BUT, am being told by IPC plumbers [I am a upc plumber] that the grade back to the fixture does not matter in this diagram, this would not be acceptable.[upc] i would sleeve that duct in a heat beat. lol
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks