Search results

1. GaryD

Tiling floor in new bathroom

I am tiling the floor in a new bathroom in my basement. Do Install the toilet flange flush with the basement cement and than instal the tile around it OR do I install the tile and the toilet flange on top of the tile? Thanks, Gary
  2. GaryD

GFCI and lighting in bathroom

I am updating my bathroom and had 2 questions: 1. Should the lighting in a bathroom be on the GFCI cicuit for the bathrrom. My bathrroms are not wires that way and I can't imagine that I want the lights to go out if a GFCI short is detected in an outlet. 2. I am replacing the sink/vanity...
  3. GaryD

Shower/tub lower hot water pressure

I just installed a new shower/tub in the basement. The hot water has less pressure than the cold water. They both have good pressure but the hot is less than the cold. The shower/tub diverter has an anti scold device. Would this reduce the hot water pressure? I don't have this problem...
  4. GaryD

cpvc and wrong glue

I installed some 1/2 " cpvc and just realized I used the PVC Regular Clear glue by mistake. I did use the purple primer. Should I redo the work? It cured for over 12 hours if that makes any difference.
  5. GaryD

transition Tee from copper to cpvc

I need to add some water lines in my basement and want to Tee off the exiting copper lines with cpvc. I have looked at some of my local stores and found 2 methods for achieving this. 1. Use a copper Tee and connect a brass piece that has a cpvc end on one side to the Tee. 2. I've seen...
  6. GaryD

bathroom sink vent/drain

I am installing a bathroom in my basement. The builder roughed in the below grade plumbing for me. It appears that the bathroom sink will drain into a nearby wet vent that goes straight up 20' or so. I assume the vent is also venting the toilet. The vent goes to an ejector pump basin about...
  7. GaryD

Installing firberglass/plastic tub

I am intstalling a firberglass tub on a cement slab. Its not a one piece but has 3 other pieces as side walls. The slab is slightly uneven (tub has a slight rock to it when I lay it in position without any walls around it) and I would like to level it while scuring the tub. I would like...
  8. GaryD

pvc vs. copper

I am plumbing a new basement bathroom. I was thinking of using pvc instead of copper just to reduce costs. Is this a bad idea? Is there any issues with connecting pvc lines to existing copper lines? Thanks, Gary
  9. GaryD

electrical cord seal

I am looking to buy a 2" cord seal for my sewage basin. No one in my area sells one. Does anyone know an online place I can order one from? Thanks, Gary
  10. GaryD

Sewage Basin

I am installing a basement bathroom. The builder had installed a sewage basin for me when he built the house. The shower drain, toilet and sink feed into 1 pipe that feeds into the basin. The pipe extend about 2/3 of the way into the basin. Should I cut the pipe as close to the side of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks