Search results

1. Super_19

Toilet flapper leaking

My latest water bill came higher than usual. On average we use around 6-7k gallons of water per month; family of four. This past month it was 11k gallons used. Called the water company to see if it was an error on their part but they said it wasn’t, that’s what the meter showed so that’s what...
  2. Super_19

Refrigerator Water/Ice Maker Filter Help

Not sure if this is the right section to post this so if it’s wrong, I apologize. Been renting a house for 4 yrs now. When we first moved in I tested the water dispenser but no water came out so I just figured it didn’t work. Didn’t think to check anything or gave it much thought. Since then...
  3. Super_19

Water on the floor, no apparent leak source

So the weirdest thing hits happened. May daughter finishes taking a bath/shower and when she was done there was a good amount of water on the bathroom floor. First thing I thought was she spilled water from the tub onto the floor but she swears she didn’t as the shower curtain was closed. I...
  4. Super_19

Kids Bathroom Toilet No Water After Flushing

Hello All. Got a problem with my kids' bathroom toilet. After they flush, no water fills up the tank. I have to remove the lid and sorta tug on the chain that goes to the float to release the float. Then the float drops and water begins to fill the tank. There's two chains, one going to the...
  5. Super_19

No Central AC/Heat

Hello all. My Central AC/Heat stopped working. We went to church yesterday morning and when we returned the unit was off. I checked the thermostat and it was set to Auto/Cool. I tried setting it to On so the fan would run but nothing. All I could hear is like a humming/buzzing sound coming from...
  6. Super_19

Installing Programmable Thermostat

I am currently renting a house. It is about 1,500 sq ft and two floors. It currently has a regular non-programmable thermostat. I would like to install a programmable one but I am not sure if the current setup in the house will support one. Or am I wrong in thinking that programmable thermostats...
  7. Super_19

Drain Pan Filling Up

I moved to FL back in July. I am renting the house. Lived in an apartment in Jersey with window ACs and baseboard heating. Central AC/Heating is something new to me. About 3 days ago I noticed that the drain pan has some water accumulated on it. There's a PCV pipe dripping onto it. What does...
  8. Super_19

Leak under bathroom sink

Got a leak under the bathroom sink that upon inspection I could see water leaking from the PVC pipe joints. I removed the trap to check the washers in the joints. I replaced them with new ones purchased at Home Depot but the leak is still there and actually leaking more now. Don't know if this...
  9. Super_19

Toilet Repair with no Shut Off valve

There is no shut off valve on the water supply line that connects to the tank on my toilet. I just see the pipe coming from the wall and the water supply line connects to the tank. The fill valve inside the tank needs to be replaced but I'm not sure how to go about replacing it since I...
  10. Super_19

Shower head dripping when tub spout is on

I'm a newbie to this site and a complete newbie to plumbing. I want to learn how to fix things on my own. The shower head in my bathroom drips continuously when the water is diverted to the tub spout. Also, when the water is diverted to the shower head, water also drips from the tub spout...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks