Search results

1. mikemc53

GE Portable Dishwasher

We just returned to our northern home after wintering down south (which we have done for the past few years. Decided to use the portable dishwasher, an older GE, and immediately had an odd problem. The unit, seems to not take water and is blowing back through the unicoupler. Not just leaking...
  2. mikemc53

Outdoor light/photocell issues

Excuse this lengthy post - I feel I need to give a little background. We live in a small community where they have outdoor lights (with photocells) on each lot and these were put in by the community management a little while back. Initially the lights on our street were not wired to power- just...
  3. mikemc53

Qest tubing

I have an older mobile home (1996?) with the grey poly Qest tubing for all the supply lines. No leaks (yet) but also no shut-offs at any location except where the supply actually enters the home. I want to change out the faucets in the bathrooms and kitchen and also put shut-offs in while I'm...
  4. mikemc53

Mobile home supply line replacement

OK, I have an older mobile (1994) with all supply lines of the grey polybutylene type and each is 1/2 CTS X 5/8 OD. None of the lines currently leak, but none of them have shut-offs so if I ever want to repair/replace sink or toilet parts I need to shut down the whole system. Without going...
  5. mikemc53

big sink demo/removal

OK, I have a large (5 X 2) , old, kitchen type sink in my basement and it appears to be enamel over steel or enamel over cast iron. It is VERY heavy. We are looking to get it out of there and it seems like a real task. Is this something I can break up with a sledge? It would seem that the enamel...
  6. mikemc53

Electric Service upgrade from 60 to 200 amp

A question or two on residential service upgrade from 60 to 200 amp. I know that in many places the service upgrade is done (new feed to can, new can, new feed to panel, new panel) and then jumpers are put into place until Power Company is brought in. My question(s) is: Does this set-up now...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks