Search results

1. Mihomeowner

Disposer drain. What are my options here

We are replacing a dual sink to a single bowl and adding a garbage disposal. The drains are pretty high. I capped the drain on the left and was planning on using the drain on the right. It doesn't look like it's low enough, does it? There isn't a lot of room to cut anything to re do (mostly...
  2. Mihomeowner

Re plumbing drain line for new sink

I replaced a on the counter bowl type sink with an under mounted sink. So the drain is too high to accommodate the new setup. See attached pictures... It looks like I need to lower the whole drain about 2.5"-3" to make it work (is that right?). I would imagine cutting the left side where the...
  3. Mihomeowner

Can I wire in an oven to this sub panel?

I've got a 200 amp main panel and this 100 amp sub panel. I've done a lot of electrical work on my house, but mostly ceiling fans/lights/new outlets, etc. I'm looking to add an electric oven. Actually the oven we are looking at is dual fuel, gas top and electric oven. We have a propane supply...
  4. Mihomeowner

Low water pressure on well system

Recently bought a house and trying to troubleshoot some water problems. It's a well system, and I've been on a well at other houses so I have a decent understanding about how they work. I feel something is up with this system. The water pressure on the upstairs floor gets pretty weak. If your...
  5. Mihomeowner

Kinetico water softener and salty tasting water

Something is up with my kinetico water softener system. It seems like sometimes the water tastes very salty. I believe this is happening during the regeneration, but could be wrong. I took the system apart a few months ago because there was a slight clog in the outlet that was preventing the...
  6. Mihomeowner

Risers on septic tank - filter inspection lid

My septic tank was 2 feet under so I installed some risers on the 24 inch lids. Everything went well until I found out when they came and pumped it there is a third lid.. an inspection lid for the filter. It's a small lid, I want to say 6 or 8 inches. Talking to the guys that pumped my tank...
  7. Mihomeowner

What fitting do I need?

I am installing a humidifier. It comes with a saddle valve to attach the 1/4 inch OD tubing for the supply. I don't want to use a saddle valve, haven't heard good things. What fitting do I need to install in my 1" copper line to be able to tap off the line and attach the 1/4" compression tubing...
  8. Mihomeowner

Water heater iron deposits

Due to an issue with my water softener, I had hard water sitting in my toilets and hot water heater for a couple months. I finally realized what was happening and fixed the water softener. The toilets had a brown sludge like build up in the tanks that left the clean toilet water looking...
  9. Mihomeowner

Water Tank Bladder issues

I have a well system, set to 40-60psi. Just replaced the well pump a few months ago due to a lightning strike. Anyway, when the pump got replaced I move from a 30-50psi to the 40-60psi. So I set my bladder to 38psi. Worked fine for a couple months then I noticed a little knocking in my...
  10. Mihomeowner

Question about Kinetico softener 60

I have a Kinetcio water softener... "60" I believe is the model. Was in the house I bought about 3 years ago. Has worked pretty well for the time we have been here, but recently I think it developed a "salt bridge". Our water was getting worse, and the toilet, sinks, shower, etc. started...
  11. Mihomeowner

Well pump issues

Have been having well pump issues for a couple days. Water was intermittent... sometimes would be fine, but other times nothing. So I finally popped the cover off the pressure switch. We had a lightning strike to a very close tree a few months ago. Lost some TV's and network cables. When I took...
  12. Mihomeowner

Irrigation system on a well pump

I am on a well. I have a 12 zone sprinkler system around my house. When these are installed, are they set up so the flow rate is calculated to be exactly what the well puts out, so the well isn't cycling on and off? I've done some research, and I've read a couple things where people have said...
  13. Mihomeowner

Please help replacing my backflow preventer on my sprinkler system

My backflow preventer/pressure vacuum breaker cracked because I didn't get it to last fall before a early hard freeze. Stupid home owner mistake... Anyway, I'm trying to figure out to take one of these off and replace it, and I have seen some posts saying it's pretty easy... but I am not sure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks