Search results

1. DC Newbie

Carlyle II - Distance to Wall?

Replacing an old toilet with a 14 inch rough-in in a small powder room. The original toilet I chose, the Toto Nexus, did not fit because of the old cast iron baseboard heat, which sticks out 1.25 inches. Plumber recommended a non-skirted design to ensure it fits. Carlyle II seems like a good...
  2. DC Newbie

Problem Removing Old Faucet Cartridge

Bathroom faucet developed a slow drip recently, and I found that the cold side would not shut off and also had extremely low flow. No idea how long ago, if ever, the cartridge was replaced, but it seems like the culprit. This is an American Standard faucet. I am having no luck removing the...
  3. DC Newbie

Utility Sink Faucet With No Threads

I have an old utility sink faucet that I'd like to attach a garden hose adapter to - the only problem is that the faucet has no male or female threads. Is there an adapter of some kind that could slide over or inside the faucet? Or am I stuck replacing the whole thing? It's an old house, and...
  4. DC Newbie

Slow Leak Below Sink Drain

In the process of installing the bathroom sink drain and p-trap I posted about earlier, and ran into an issue with a slow drip that occurs between the silicone washer and brass nut underneath the sink drain. I have tightened the heck out of it, to the point where I'm concerned that I could...
  5. DC Newbie

Water Under Toilet - Oops

So while reinstalling an old toilet, I screwed up bolting the tank to the bowl, so when I tried a trial flush...water went everywhere. I've figured out the proper way to put the bolts on, fortunately, but my concern is that I had not yet caulked around the toilet bowl on the floor, so water...
  6. DC Newbie

New Vanity w/ Funky P Trap "bottle trap"

So I'm replacing an old vanity with a new one, and I'm a bit perplexed by the P trap that comes with the vanity sink - see pages 5-6 here: I'm not sure this will even line up with my existing waste pipe, but more importantly, this doesn't look like any of the P traps I've seen online. Is...
  7. DC Newbie

Trimming Copper Pipe, Replacing Shut Off Valve

I'm in the process of replacing a bathroom vanity, and in order to get it flush against the wall I need to trim back one of the water supply pipes which sticks out too far (pic attached). Plan to replace the shut off valve in the process. As my handle indicates, I'm a newbie at this stuff, but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks