Search results

1. Zeak

rust spots on dishes-need whole house filter

Any new ideas from anyone based on the pic of the white bowl? At this point I have conlifcting opinions as to a cause and whether a water test is even worth it. Thanks.
  2. Zeak

Here's a pic of the spot on the bowl. I can't get it off just by scraping it with my finger and have to wipe or soak it with CLR. I checked dishwasher racks and they look intact.
  3. Zeak

I've attached pics of the silverware. I don't see anything in the toilets or sinks.
  4. Zeak

Ok so my first step will be to test the water. There are self test kits and then companies that do this. Any recs for the best and most economical way to test the water?
  5. Zeak

thanks for the info. the issue of pressure drop concerns me. some people say it's big and others don't notice it. is there any way to reliably predict before getting one and installing the filter? we like our water pressure. anybody else have experience with filters that didn't suffer too much...
  6. Zeak

Thanks for the quick response. The spots are on the outside of our white bowls and mugs but not on the rim. They also show up on our silverware. We don't see them on our clear drinking glasses.
  7. Zeak

We keep noticing little rust type spots on our dishes so I took a sample to the hardware store and was told I need a whole house filter. They carry a culligan model for $50 and say that I'll need to change the filter every 6 months ($10 a pair). This connects to my water supply pipe in the...
  8. Zeak

Rohl kitchen spray nozzle question

thanks! just ordered a new diverter.
  9. Zeak

Rohl kitchen spray nozzle question

Hi guys. I have a rohl kitchen faucet with a spray nozzle. The flow to the nozzle is fine. But when I release the spray handle, no water comes from the main faucet for a long time. Sometimes, it won't redirect at all until I turn off the whole faucet. Any advice would be appreciated. I tired to...
  10. Zeak

drain or flush water heater?

thanks! i appreciate it.
  11. Zeak

drain or flush water heater?

Hi guys- Since moving into my new house 3 yrs ago I haven't done any maintenance on my gas water heater. I've read abut both flushing and draining the heater. Some have said that you only need to drain if you are moving the heater and that flushing is enough for routine cleaning. Others seem...
  12. Zeak

Changing TOTO fill valve cap

Thanks for the help guys! I opened the cap and flipped the little pea size piece of rubber on the underside of the float arm where it meets the cap. The sound is now gone! Toto is emailing me a new cap anyway.
  13. Zeak

Changing TOTO fill valve cap

My Toto ST 424E emax is making the "barking" or whistling sound at the end of the flush. From advice on this site, I got a Korky 528 valve cap. The instructions talk about removing the Toto cap by pinching the float arms. I've seen the youtube video from Korky, but the Toto cap looks different...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks