Search results

1. Rich H

how much 2 charge for hanging drywall?

hanging drywall on a ceiling is easy, just rent a drywall lift. Makes it very easy to hang 5/8" fire rated drywall with one person. I've done it, and it's not bad at all. I tend to agree with the overall thought that - this guy doesn't want to hang it himself, but doesn't want to pay a...
  2. Rich H

Composite granite kitchen sinks

When I renovated my bathroom a couple years ago I installed a one piece 'granite look composite' vanity top - the Home Depot brand. It's actually very nice. It was easy to work, fabricating around the face frame of a linen closet and shaping the backsplash to fit the wall, etc. It's holding...
  3. Rich H

Roof structural issue

Post some pics or a diagram of what you are trying to bring across. Then, ignore the useless advice you'll get here on a plumbing forum and track down a structural engineer.
  4. Rich H

Bathroom- Converting single vanity to double

ok, simmer down :rolleyes: I'll be sure to check that out - like I said, I'm no expert on nuances of the code like that one. I agree - venturi effect as mentioned above is not likely to happen - esp. with the vent added to prevent vacuum pulling water out of left trap. Update - checked...
  5. Rich H

Bathroom- Converting single vanity to double

I'm no expert, but I live in WI and have read the code. Pretty sure san-tee cannot lie like that, only to be used in vertical applications similar to UPC - IPS says the same I'm assuming? 101 what code are you reading, COMM8X???? Would figure A work? Probably, the chances of a venuturi...
  6. Rich H

Wisconsin Code

I can't find reference to it anywhere in the Comm statutes for the state of Wisconsin - can anyone tell me if Wisconsin plumbing code is based on the IPC, UPC, or something else??? I would guess UPC, but I just want to know.
  7. Rich H

Running Supply Lines

Two things: 1) Check your local code - purple primer may be REQUIRED by code so that inspectors can verify that you did, in fact, use a primer. I know with PVC DWV, purple primer is required. I know nothing about CPVC. Try knocking off a little of the primer back inside the can before...
  8. Rich H

My septic tanks inlet is lower than my commode drain

I would agree - best bet is to 'do over' and reset the tank and drainfield. And, before you go making more changes - ask a few questions of the people working on the project with you. One 'little' change can cost a LOT of money. Changing things on paper is WAY cheaper than changing it in...
  9. Rich H

Ok, pex connection type....

I have looked at all the PEX connection types - I like the Wirsbo / Uponor system the best, and it seems to have the following of most all the pro plumbers. The Viega ProPress seems good too. My question is this - the other two major connection types, copper crimp or stainless steel clamp -...
  10. Rich H

Tying into a basement stack

Of course pros want you to hire them - that's why they are in business. They also want you to believe that work such as this is akin to brain surgery. That's why guys on other boards will direct you to hire a pro for anything more than hooking up a tailpiece. Cutting into a cast iron DWV is...
  11. Rich H

Temporary Toilet Install?

I thought of doing that, only using a sacrificial piece of flooring to achieve just the right height. Might go that route - either that or spend the extra 5 bucks for a 3" coupler and a new flange and just zip it off down in the basement and bring it back up to finished floor height. I'm most...
  12. Rich H

Temporary Toilet Install?

I'm remodeling my bathroom and have run into a major snag that is holding up progress. Tub and surround were damaged in shipping - I'm waiting on the replacements. Obviously, I can't finish the drywall, flooring, etc. prior to tub and surround installation. So, my wife and kids are getting...
  13. Rich H

our home does not have an outdoor faucet

You have to install the line AFTER the meter - otherwise when (not if) you get caught, your local water authority will not be exactly happy. Another thing to bear in mind is that if you have a water softener - install the outdoor faucet before the softener. Grass does not like water that has...
  14. Rich H

Greenboard/vapor barrier/etc questions

Hello all - this is my first post, been lurking for a week or two. Great site, lots of good info here! Here is my dilemna: I'm getting ready to remodel my 72 sf bathroom. House was built 1945-ish. Right after Hurricane Katrina, I went and bought enough greenboard to completely cover the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks