Search results

1. FullmoonGuru

Autotrol 255/460i Not Regenerating

Yes I think I should find the problem too! I guess I was just wondering if there is a common failure that causes this problem with the Autotrol valves. I can start by looking at the wheel, but if anyone know a diagnostic procedure for figuring out which component has failed, that would be very...
  2. FullmoonGuru

Dittohead, it's been since we set the system up so a re-test is a good point. What is the recommended interval between retests for a well? Is there a preferred place to have it tested or do I find a local lab? (last time a freind that works at a testing lab did it for me) Glad to hear that...
  3. FullmoonGuru

I have this valve on a softener. It's about 8 yrs. old now. When I first bought the system I was sold the softener and iron filter. I than added a chem. feeder to handle iron bacteria and manganese. Each month I would add chlorine and sodium carbinate to the chem feeder. Well I had to clean...
  4. FullmoonGuru

Problem History & Questions About Iron Filter/Softener Setup

Yes this was the line of my latest questioning; do I really need all this stuff? My neighbors just have a water softener. The tech said they would be going through tons of salt & their softener would die prematurely. He was adament. Actually I think I'm saying the wrong thing. I think it...
  5. FullmoonGuru

Thanks Mikey. So if my ph is good at around 7.3/7.4 I don't need the acid neutralizer right?
  6. FullmoonGuru

Thanks Mikey. So if my ph is good at around 7.3/7.4 I don't need the acid neutralizer right?
  7. FullmoonGuru

Interesting. How are the tanks sized? If the iron wasn't getting handled wouldn't it show in my house? Anyone have an opinion between the Fleck & Autotrol valves?
  8. FullmoonGuru

Just realized I never answered one of mialynette's questions. There are 2 adults and one kid in our ~1,000 ft. cottage. Almost no lawn/garden watering. I don't think we use very much water.
  9. FullmoonGuru

Before I installed the CSV I had a fairly large pressure tank & I've noticed no difference in the symptoms between the two (though I wasn't flushing the tank regularly, but since the water goes into the bottom & comes back out of the bottom that doesn't make sense to me. Also it seems like I...
  10. FullmoonGuru

Good question. I made some notes when I was setting all of this up & it says ph should be from 7 to 7.5 & that below 7.2 could cause problems. But then after putting in the chem. feeder there's a note saying I want 7.7 - 7.8. I have vague memories of the BW tech telling me that. The water...
  11. FullmoonGuru

About 9 yrs. ago we moved into our current house & so began my education with well systems & water treatment. I've had various problems over the years & really want to get it right so thought I would ask some questions here. I found Budget Water USA & liked what they had so I got my water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks