Search results

1. ironfist

Please help make heads or tails of my bathroom rough in

Maybe we are talking about two different things. My last round of questions wasn't about venting. I understand the bit about Pipe C being a "tub drain and vent" as you said. My question now is about understanding the drain part of Pipe C. How does the trap for the drain attach to Pipe C...
  2. ironfist

Mostly, yes. User hj said, "The 2" pipe could either be a vent for the bathtub trap, or the opening to the trap" -- hence, the new picture which I thought might confirm what that 2" pipe is really for. Would you mind fleshing out the trap arm idea? My understanding -- which, being a novice...
  3. ironfist

As for the hole... I know nothing about pumps that go in basements. But after reading about what the difference is and seeing that the pipes all lead to the hole... yes, an ejector pump! I think I will be good on the toilet/wall configuration. Thanks for your help!
  4. ironfist

Ok, I found the pictures of the pipe configuration before the slab was poured. Here are some... I am guessing, from what I've learned here, that Pipe C is the shower drain/vent. There does not appear to be a trap there already, either on Pipe C or near the outside wall. So that means I will...
  5. ironfist

I think I see what you are saying. My diagram is measured from the center of the pipes to that dashed red line, not to the center of a wall. Assuming that the 13" spacing required for a toilet rough-in is measured from the center of the pipe to the wall, it seems like I might be ok. It is 6"...
  6. ironfist

Terry, thanks for your insight. That is what I originally thought, but I can't get the math to work. If A is for the toilet and needs to be 13" from the framed wall, then I think Pipe B winds up being a couple inches in front of that wall -- inside the bathroom, not inside the frame. Does it...
  7. ironfist

I just went by measuring the diameter, outside to outside. I'm not good enough to "eyeball" it. ;) Terry Love thinks they are 3" and 2".
  8. ironfist

Hello all, My first post here -- hopefully first of many as I begin to finish my basement! The first task I will be tackling myself is the framing and, in order to do that, I need to figure out what the bathroom pipe configuration is. Long story short, I can't tell what fixture is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks