Search results

1. midwest_homeowner

De-mineralizing a hot water heater - a success story!

it's been an interesting experiment... Thanks for the clarification, Gary. I misread your post. Well, it's been an interesting experiment anyway. I've been laid off for a few months now and can't afford a new water heater + installation, so in the meantime, $8 worth of white vinegar and a...
  2. midwest_homeowner

Gary, I agree with your first sentence - regularly draining/flushing a water heater may only modestly help prolong tank life, as it will only rid the unit of suspended minerals, not minerals that have settled and bonded to the tank floor. However, prior to embarking on this project, I...
  3. midwest_homeowner

I have very hard well water (iron, calcium, etc), and have never flushed my 8 year old water heater (40-gal, natural gas). Needless to say, there was audible snap, crackle, pop, and occasionally boom sounds. Rather than shell out $$ for a new unit, I performed the following procedure last...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks