Search results

1. boaterbill

Push on fittings for RO system supply line

I picked up a watts quick-connect 1/2 x 1/2x 1/4 plus a couple 1/4" inline watts push-on shutoff valves. Tomorrow I'll give it a go. Thanks for the input.
  2. boaterbill

Push on fittings for RO system supply line

RO unit located in basement under the sink kitchen cabinet. I'm tapping into 1/2" copper supply for RO system with a tee. The RO supply line is 1/4 poly. What fitting would be best? A plastic push on Watts 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/4, this one you just push the 1/4 poly into it. A metal watts 1/2 x 1/2 x...
  3. boaterbill

Pressure regulator install for water hammer

Thanks Jerome, The RV camper PRV is set at 40 psi and installed at the shut-off valve of the washer. There is a hammer arrestor at the washer. So at 40 psi and a hammer arrestor it still generates water hammer. Same scenario at hose bibb+PRV+garden hose+spring loaded nozzle generates water...
  4. boaterbill

Thanks DonL, I used a RV camper pressure reducer rated at 40 psi on the front loading washer and the outdoor hose bibb and still got water hammer at the tank-less WH. Throttling the flow so far has produced best results . Water dept said they have not had any customer complaints like this. I...
  5. boaterbill

My recent update: By using the shut-off valve (globe valve) before the meter as a throttling valve I was able to reduce the hammer shock to a 20 psi jump to 100 psi from the city 80 psi. Before it was jumping to 140 psi. Now there is only a faint thump coming from the tank-less WH. Is this an...
  6. boaterbill

There is a 1/2" line about 12" above the water meter to a tee going left then down. This 1/2" cold line supplies all the fixtures in the house except the tank-less WH. The tank-less supply line is the vertical 3/4 line out of the meter going up and to the right and loops back out of the...
  7. boaterbill

I installed Sioux chief arresters at front loader washer and fluidmaster fill valve. After install water hammer was muffled significantly in the body of the tank-less water heater. Replaced the 10 year old rubber washer hoses with stainless braided and water hammer was back as if nothing had...
  8. boaterbill

Thanks hj, Tomorrow I will install hammer arrestor at fill valve on the toilet and another at the front loading washing machine. These two items seem to generate the biggest shock through the system. I'll post the results.
  9. boaterbill

I picked up a water pressure gage and the water pressure is 80 psi. When cold water is turned off at all locations it jumps to 140 psi. The hammer noise is coming from inside the tank-less water heater. If I shut off cold water valve to the tank-less water heater all is quiet. I'm thinking my...
  10. boaterbill

Thanks for the response and thanks to all that have posted. I'm dealing with a 65 year old copper supply system which has been very trouble free. This is a post WW2 little spec.veterans home, may be 650 sq. ft. on a slab; 1 bath and kitchen. All exposed plumbing is in utility room 5' x 12'...
  11. boaterbill

I should add that I will be using the Watts 25AUB-Z3 which has a bypass valve to allow for expansion back into the line. Would I still need the expansion tank with the PRV having this feature?
  12. boaterbill

Background info: Water dept says they deliver 80 psi. Turning off all cold water faucets quickly, fluidmaster 400 toilet valve and washing machine cause hammer. I have a Bosch on demand gas tank-less water heater. Water meter located in utility room, mount vertically 2' above concrete...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks