Search results

1. Cscjjd

Brass Compression Coupling

Thanks everyone for all the responses - you gave me some things to reconsider and some new things to consider.
  2. Cscjjd

Thanks - is the difference between a dresser coupling and an actual compression coupling the type of seal used (EDPM vs. metal)? Also, I think I read someplace (or was told) that since it is underground (sorry I didn't mention this in the first post) it would rule out using a true compression...
  3. Cscjjd

The location is down in a 9"x14" concrete box sunk into the driveway. The house side is coming from the foundation, the supply side from under the concrete driveway so there is no movement available in either pipe. A fitting was leaking so I am replacing it. Both pipes are tool cut. I don't...
  4. Cscjjd

Hi, I will be buying a 5" brass compression coupling to re-join two sections of 3/4" copper pipe (which is my water supply into the house). I'd like to know what preparation should I do to the pipe before installing the coupling. Also, any buying tips would be appreciated (brands I should...
  5. Cscjjd

Rolled PEX-A

Great, thank you John G and JohnCT for the tips and info.
  6. Cscjjd

Rolled PEX-A

OK, thanks for the tips an info.
  7. Cscjjd

Rolled PEX-A

OK, thanks for the tips an info.
  8. Cscjjd

Rolled PEX-A

OK, thank for the tips.
  9. Cscjjd

Rolled PEX-A

I notice that nobody suggested using a heat gun or hair dryer to soften it before attempting to straighten it-- would that be a problem with PEX?
  10. Cscjjd

Rolled PEX-A

OK, thanks both, I see.
  11. Cscjjd

Rolled PEX-A

Thanks Fitter30.
  12. Cscjjd

Rolled PEX-A

Hi Jeff, I'm not sure what you're suggesting in the first half of the first sentence?
  13. Cscjjd

Rolled PEX-A

I hadn't thought of straightening from the inside - thanks!
  14. Cscjjd

Rolled PEX-A

Wow, thanks for the replies and tips for straightening the rolled Pex-A (I am not able to use straight lengths because I am dealing with very tight space tolerances which will allow a straight length through but not a coupling).
  15. Cscjjd

Rolled PEX-A

Hi, I have a 100 ft. roll of 1" PEX-A. I am going to cut off a 30 foot section. I will need to unroll and straighten the 30' section so it will be as straight as possible with no curves left in it. (I will have a few days after cutting it before I will need to use it.) Does anyone know any...
  16. Cscjjd

Pipe diameter and water

OK, thanks both of you for the info.
  17. Cscjjd

Pipe diameter and water

Thanks for the reply Sylvan – a great suggestion in general however in my specific case I won’t be having any additional future add-ons. I guess my question gets down to this: will I have better water availability in the house if I keep the pipe 1” for the greatest length possible or does a...
  18. Cscjjd

Pipe diameter and water

Hello, My question is about pipe diameters and how it affects available water in the home. I will be replacing a 35 foot section of supply line which is connected to 1” diameter pipe on the supply end and 3/4” at the other end (going into the home). If I use 35 feet of 1” pipe followed by a 1”...
  19. Cscjjd

Copper water supply line

Thanks again John - I think that's what was in there (for forty or so years) before the present valve was put in a few years ago.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks