Search results

1. mrm143

Can’t figure this out leaking PRV rising pressure

Everything is holding steady from last night. Looks like we fixed it. Moral of the story is that apparently two valves CAN be bad as rare as it is. Thanks everyone for the help.
  2. mrm143

Now I actually have low pressure. Had to open up the valve and let some water in to bump it up a bit. So far so good
  3. mrm143

New ball valve installed and all 3 zones bled. Pressure at around 14psi and holding. I will let you know as the days progress how it held up.
  4. mrm143

I’m sorry lol. It would be downstream? Meaning closer to the boiler after the fill valve. Which shouldn’t matter I don’t think if I’m just keeping it off anyway
  5. mrm143

Actually gonna put it in the red circle. The existing is where the yellow tag is hanging. Same pipe just closer to the expansion tank and easier Access.
  6. mrm143

Just turned off the main water drained a little pressure. Then turned house back on and boiler pressure went up even with gate valve closed. So looks like I’m gonna run and get a ball valve
  7. mrm143

Can I put the new ball valve where the red circle is? I’m going to leave the old gate valve due to access issues it would be easier to install on the other pipe. Would that be ok? The yellow are the existing gate valve and fill valve
  8. mrm143

Is their a specific ball valve i should get apart from the pipe size? Also as far as the basement loop goes there are no bleeders anywhere, its 90% pex, can i install an auto bleeder somewhere on the copper in the boiler room, or will that not be enough?
  9. mrm143

Thanks for ALL the help, let me first replace with a ball valve, ill cut the other one out, its probably been their for 50 years.... Its not leaking from inside thank god as I dont hear any sizzling.... Ill try this weekend and report back....
  10. mrm143

Is their anyway to tighten a Globe Type Valve, thats what is on it currently
  11. mrm143

Even if it were seepage, wouldnt it drop down to 12psi regardless once it hits the Regulator, which is set around 12? It happens pretty quick, so for example cold pressure is around 10-12, it jumps up to 25 probably within an hour or so
  12. mrm143

Thanks for the response, Let me first isolate any water coming in, easiest way is turn off the main and see if the pressure rises... I will report back with the results... Doesn't make sense, how would pressure rise with no water coming in... Even if their was a leak, and the valve was off, no...
  13. mrm143

Could trapped air do this as well?
  14. mrm143

Well their is one way to test the valves, Ill turn off the main to the house, that should rule it out pretty quick hopefully.... The house is older, from the 50's with a couple additions, I am sure its definitely oversized but i cant get another unit until the summer as far as finances go, so...
  15. mrm143

I have a separate hot water heater, with its own heat source if thats what you mean
  16. mrm143

I checked and rechecked the precharge and even experimented with different psi's to check result It is a huge boiler, and not sure how old, I need to check with the serial number later tonight.. What is an indirect water heater, I know their is no tank less coil Its a larger house, about 2500...
  17. mrm143

Could it be the circulator is going bad? I replaced it about 5 years ago, but i can hear and feel it running which is why I didnt think about it... Also when it didnt run I wouldnt get heat to all the baseboards...
  18. mrm143

As far as leaking past, I turned off the autofill valve, as well as the actual ball valve to that pipe, so unless its leaking past both I dont think thats an issue As far as the #30, its a size, so i believe its 4.4 gallon... Thats what has been on it for the past 5 years since i replaced it...
  19. mrm143

Good morning everyone and thanks in advance. I am a di’yer who can pretty much fix anything but I’m coming to the end of the line with this problem and need some help. Well McLain cg-6-spdn The PRV is dripping/purging every few days I have already replaced the #30 tank Turned off the makeup...
  20. mrm143

Newbie Circulator?? Questions

I am happy to report we have heat!!!!!! The pump was dead replaced pump and not only can I hear it running we have heat in the basement... 5:30 minute burns on average 20psi @ 170-180 Pump is a little loud but nothing crazy Thank you to everyone for all their help me and my family...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks