Search results

1. Rapida

Need assistance of tub/shower location (and type)

I still don't quite get it why a full wall is not desirable between the vanity and the shower. I think it will make sense if you don't have a tower. If you have a tower, even with a finished side, having it next to a glass panel is weird, IMHO. Is it a lighting issue? If you have lights in the...
  2. Rapida

mediaman, nice 3d work again! I was thinking you'll have a full wall next to your shower bench (next to the vanity and tower). If you have a panel on the bench as shown, the gap between the shower and the vanity will be hard to clean. My former bathroom had a similar configuration and I hated...
  3. Rapida

Outside Tile Mitered Joints - Weak Spots

Not all the strips are created equal. You probably saw the PVC or metal crap. I was at a Tile x Design showroom looking for exactly what you are looking for, and they showed me a white aluminum quarter circle. It is very solid made and had glossy white finish that's as good as porcelain. And I...
  4. Rapida

Outside Tile Mitered Joints - Weak Spots

I am having porcelain marble tiles installed in my new bathroom too. I found some real marble pencil that's very close in color to put on the edge so that the unfinished tile is not exposed. There are schluter strips to cover the edge too. The metal ones look rather solid and does not scream...
  5. Rapida

Exactly! I think this is the best plan so far. I liked that you increased the bathroom door size. And the mirror location too.
  6. Rapida

A neo-angle shower door is just when you have angles other than 90 degrees. 45/135 degree is most common, but other angles are possible. As far as I can see that involves moving the toilet out of the floor joist space it's currently in. Since the drain cannot go through the joist, it needs to...
  7. Rapida

OK, I played with the drawing a little. I made the shower a little bigger and moved it next to the tub. The storage is gone but you get a closet outside of the bathroom. That's even more storage. If you are looking to have maximum storage inside the bathroom, it's not the best answer though...
  8. Rapida

I think the neo angle addresses that concern to some degree. And I agree with suceress that a full length mirror will be a nice addition to the master bath. The most convenient location for it will be near the dressing area. But there is no wall space for it except for behind the bathroom door...
  9. Rapida

mediaman, the new plan looks better! I like the movie too! Here are a few of my thoughts: 1. With the door on a wider wall, do increase its width! I am still stronly for a wide door. You don't see a multi-million dollar house with a narrow enetrance (ok, I'm not talking about Manhattan), same...
  10. Rapida

Sigh, it does look cramped, especially around the toilet. If everything is drawn to scale, it seems that there is roughly only 1 ft from the toilet bowl to the tub deck at the most narrow point. The toilet is also blocking the front on the tub, making you access the tub from the corner near the...
  11. Rapida

I have a bathroom in the hallway which is now the warmest room in the house (after the master bath was torn out). The tiles on the floor still feel cold (the room underneath is heated). So a warm room itself does not make the tiles warm. Well, the tiles will be warm, to the room temperature. But...
  12. Rapida

I thought the faucet being in the front on the vanity side would be easier to reach (no need to go pass the toilet). But which way to face when taking a bath is a matter of personal preference.
  13. Rapida

Wow, nice! What a spa it will be! My two more cents: Re lighting, since your bathroom will be bigger, you'll need more lights. I can't remember exactly, but I think the standard goes like one can light every 4 ft. For the space you have, 6 cans sounds about right. I don't know how your...
  14. Rapida

Nothing that I know of. If there is a tub deck, I think most people have the the faucet on the deck. The deck, when tiled, is a stronger platform to secure the faucet than the tub can be. You will also have a wider selection of faucets if you do it on the deck, because there are special...
  15. Rapida

I don't quite like to have the grill at a highly visible place (close to the vanity, deck front, etc). I'd rather have it : 1. below [a], kickplate location 2. in the closet behind the wall (but may waste closet space since nothing can be put right in front of the grill) 3. on the ceiling...
  16. Rapida

I was also thinking it didn't make sense to have a bulkhead without anything behind it. Good that you found that out now than later. With the vent there, it's impossible to have a corner tub there. I won't move the vent if the fireplace will ever be used. Oval tub is not bad, and with your new...
  17. Rapida

My guess was the contractor would like to do the whole thing, but it never hurts to ask if they will give you any discount should you install the toilet yourself. Chances are they probably will throw that in for free. :) You see, having a plumber come out to install just a toilet may cost $200...
  18. Rapida

mediaman, I personally do not like the tub and deck combination shown. I have no problem with the tub itself. It's the edge and the tub rim. I had exactly the same tub and deck in my former house. I couldn't sit on either the tub rim nor the deck, because each is only about 6" wide, too narrow...
  19. Rapida

Formerly in NYC metro and now MPLS metro, I don't think there is a huge difference in labor cost (double in NYC? no. 25% more? yes). I am assuming Toronto is somewhere in between, but Canada could be a different beast. Well, after you get 5 bids, you'll know whether their bid is fair or...
  20. Rapida

It's measuring from the center of the toilet to the edge of nearby fixtures. In other words, you need 30" space end to end to put in a toilet. Your builder didn't mention it probably because you have enough space. But this is only minimum code requirement, which IMHO is very tight placement.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks