Search results

1. M

Basement Toilet / Sewer Connection Thoughts?

Thanks Cacher... I didn't describe the situation all that well, but you got the gist. I believe municipal sewer was here from the beginning, but I'll check with some of the neighbors who have been here since the 50's. If - and it's a big IF - it was septic at one point, would it be possible...
  2. M

"real-world" vintage cast iron pipe cutting?

We replaced a 12' section of 4" cast iron in our house with PVC, and cutting the cast was the toughest part of the job. We did it amateur style with an angle grinder and worked our way around, but it wasn't a pretty job. Ultimately, we changed our tactic and ultimately used a sawzall with a...
  3. M

Basement Toilet / Sewer Connection Thoughts?

Hi All, I wanted to post out there to get some of your thoughts and ideas on something peculiar that I haven't figure out. Last year I purchased a 1950's colonial house, with public water and sewer. The 4" sewer main is in the basement and runs about at eye level (~5 ft off the the floor)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks