Search results

1. mediaman

Ideas for backwall of alcove area

Hi In the middle of a reno on our ensuite and am looking for some ideas for the back wall of the alcove area tub. Context - The wall is 72"h and 76" w - There will be white oval drop-in tub on a marble deck. - Deck with have a 6" backsplash on the 3 sides. - There will be a dark maple...
  2. mediaman

Need assistance of tub/shower location (and type)

Okay, been doing further shopping, pricing and gathering of thoughts! The toilet movement is going to the back burner now, as to do it, aside from cost, means we now would have to remove a large built-in cabinet in the storage room below for dishes . So the domino effect here is getting out...
  3. mediaman

Yes really want to have full access to the tub for access ( and storage as a secondary benefit). The angled part of the deck is easy with 4 hinged doors. The two side wall get a bit challenging but doable with the right creative idea re sliding or removable panels. A buddy of mine had a Velcro...
  4. mediaman

For the tub walls, wife likes the full tile wall treatment. So for other walls (yes for aesthetics) , I need to choose between: -paint only -half tile -full tile -wainscot ( like that half wall pic above)... very nice@
  5. mediaman

Re narrow half glass wall (which I like), vs narrow full wall, yes its an issue, but I don't think it the Swiffer issue..let me explain. I need to address: -the bench -the lower vanity -the upper vanity Re the bench, with a half wall, there would be no gap, as the bench can butt up...
  6. mediaman

Thanks guys for being such great sounding boards. Right now we have a small narrow white cabinet over our toilet, which works well, but it not near anything else. I think what would NOT work is this: stand alone wall unit over the wall unit (I agree with the point above about not wanting...
  7. mediaman

Nothing at bottom, or ar knob level, but rather a a hinge pin door stop at the upper hinge. I have these on some of the doors in the house.; I should really get more!
  8. mediaman

And here is a 3D version - not great but its a start.
  9. mediaman

Thanks, starting to warm up to it myself. Hopefully on the price, its a case of $2k to move shower only + $2k to move toilet only = $3k to move both :) Here are some preliminary 3D shots. Still need to think through what to do with : - the walls ( eg full, half or no tiles) - area over...
  10. mediaman

Here is the 2D version ; will work on the 3D version tonight.
  11. mediaman

Well, talked to the contractor about moving the toilet. All doable, but not really any less costly as he still has to drop the ceiling below to allow the new position (backing to outside wall), to drain to the stack (on inside wall). as well we don't what obstacles, if any, exist in the joist...
  12. mediaman

Re the door placement, proximity to stairs is the reason the door is inset the way it is, ie door can go there as shown, but I cant bring it out any more than that, to have a full reactangular room, as I hit stair issue. Point taken re tub/shower combo -- but thats a tough sell, especially...
  13. mediaman

Thanks again for the review. Good point re narrow door. Done ! I love the neo angle as well - wife still not thrilled as she wanted to get away from that shape. But I do think it makes sense vs squared off. Door would be on the long side for that reason alone.. Yes vanity = 21", shower = 36"...
  14. mediaman

Here is a first attempt at a video version : https://www.dropbox.com/s/5miajxrizlkdfa1/I7.mov
  15. mediaman

I am assuming the joists run north to south (based on the how the floor register is oriented ( east to west), but I should try to somehow confirm that. Assuming the cost to move the toilet (south to north within the joist) is less that the cost the moving the shower drain, than I have the Plan I...
  16. mediaman

STATUS - Excellent timing with the move-the-toilet comment! Contacctor came by yesterday, and even with the toilet in thw current position, there would some 'extra' work to do ( easily $2000) to accomodate the new shower drain location ( as they nned to brreak floors, celings to tied into the...
  17. mediaman

Here are some with color/texture Still trying to figure our how to display the tub....
  18. mediaman

First attempt at a 3d view....
  19. mediaman

Question - Are formal architechtual drawings for a bathroom reno needed (ie should they be insisted upon) or are customer sketches (like the recent ones posted), plus documented scope/details, sufficent, to get a shared understanding on what the contractor intends to build and what a customer...
  20. mediaman

FAUCET LOCATION - Some of the tubs have some sort of headrest (I think I prefer the after-market pillows) on one end only, and weird thicknesses around the lip, all making the facuet placement even more challneging. I am waiting to hear back from the mfr on those models we liked as to confirm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks